The William & Mary Tribe (6-2) visit Value City Arena to challenge the Ohio State Buckeyes (7-3). The Tribe will attempt to lengthen their five-game winning streak. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
William & Mary Tribe at Ohio State Buckeyes Odds Preview
In the Tribe’s last outing, they defeated the George Mason Patriots, 77-70. Nathan Knight was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 10-for-15 shooting. The Tribe knocked down 15 of their 17 free throws (88.2 percent) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.554 vs. 0.552).
The Buckeyes will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Michigan Wolverines in their last matchup, 71-62. Ohio State rallied around Keita Bates-Diop, who was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 5-for-10 shooting. The Buckeyes knocked down 22 of their 29 free throws (75.9 percent) and held the Wolverines to an effective field goal percentage of 0.441 (below their season average of 0.571).
The elite offense of Ohio State will square off against the mid-tier defense of William & Mary. Since the 2016-17 season, the Buckeyes offense ranks 73rd in effective field goal percentage (0.525), while the William & Mary defense ranks 241st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.516). The Buckeyes figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Tribe, who rank 288th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.9 percent), might have a tough time getting second chance points against the Buckeyes, who rank ninth in defensive rebounding percentage (72.6 percent).
William & Mary Tribe vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tribe rank 11th in assists per game (17.7) while the Buckeyes rank 113th (13.8).
- William & Mary ranks 217th in steals per game (5.5) while Ohio State ranks 225th (5.2).
- William & Mary averages 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 64th in the nation. Ohio State ranks 279th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Buckeyes rank 13th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while the Tribe rank 131st (34.5).
- Ohio State ranks 34th in blocks allowed per game (3.0) while William & Mary ranks 151st (3.5).