CAA foes will battle when the Drexel Dragons (7-8, 1-2 CAA) clash with the William & Mary Tribe (10-4, 3-0 CAA) at John A Daskalakis Center. William & Mary opened as a 1-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 155 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
William & Mary Tribe at Drexel Dragons Free Preview
In the Tribe’s last matchup, they dismantled the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens, 90-65. Nathan Knight was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 10-for-11 shooting. The Tribe had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.693 (above their season average of 0.615), while the Fightin’ Blue Hens had a turnover percentage of 17.8 (above their season average of 13.9).
The Dragons will look to maintain momentum after beating the Charleston Cougars in their last contest, 87-82. Drexel was lifted by Austin Williams, who finished with 10 points and 13 rebounds. The Dragons knocked down 17 of their 24 free throws (70.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.603 (above their season average of 0.493).
William & Mary could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Tribe rank 11th in offensive efficiency while Drexel ranks 283rd in defensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have a tendency to finish over the projected point total. William & Mary games have finished over 55.6 percent of the time, while 63.6 percent of games featuring Drexel have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Tribe have a clear advantage. They are 10-4 SU and 8-1 ATS, while the Dragons are 7-8 SU and 5-5-1 ATS.
Kurk Lee has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Drexel, averaging 16.4 points and 3.6 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the last contest, the Dragons won 79-61. The Dragons dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 8.9 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8. For those same stats, the Tribe recorded marks of 17.8 and 24.2, respectively.
William & Mary Tribe at Drexel Dragons Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Over
- William & Mary is 5-1 ATS on the road, while Drexel is 2-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 4 of the Tribe’s 6 road games, while 2 of the Dragons’ 4 home games have gone over.
- William & Mary ranks seventh in assists per game (18.9) while Drexel ranks 236th (11.1).
- The Tribe rank 66th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while the Dragons rank 121st in three pointers allowed per game (21.6).
- William & Mary ranks 26th in blocks per game (5.3) while Drexel ranks 69th (4.2).
- Drexel is 1-3 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, William & Mary is 4-0 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Dragons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tribe have scored an average of 93.0 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average).