CAA foes will battle when the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (8-7, 1-1 CAA) meet the William & Mary Tribe (9-4, 2-0 CAA) at Bob Carpenter Center Acierno Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 153.5 points with Delaware set as a 1-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 5, 2018.
William & Mary Tribe at Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens Betting Preview
The Tribe defeated the James Madison Dukes in their last contest, 84-76. Matt Milon was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting. William & Mary played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.423 (above their season average of 0.230) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 (below their season average of 0.616). For those same stats, James Madison recorded marks of 0.262 and 0.492, respectively.
In the Fightin’ Blue Hens last game, they were beaten by the Charleston Cougars, 93-78. Eric Carter was Delaware’s high scorer with 23 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Charleston had an effective field goal percentage of 0.760 (above their season average of 0.496). Delaware, on the other hand, held the Cougars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 24.1).
Delaware should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Delaware ranks 26th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while William & Mary forces the third-fewest turnovers (15.1 percent). Moreover, the Tribe’s 18th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 119.4) will face off against the Fightin’ Blue Hens 296th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 109.1).
Of William & Mary’s 8 games that accepted bets, four have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of Delaware’s 9 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Tribe have a clear advantage. They are 9-4 SU and 7-1 ATS, while the Fightin’ Blue Hens are 8-7 SU and 3-5-1 ATS.
Carter has really been playing well over the last five games for Delaware, averaging 10.6 points and 9.6 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Tribe won both matchups last season. In the last contest, William & Mary won 85-64. The Tribe dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.404 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.615. For those same stats, the Fightin’ Blue Hens were 0.268 and 0.438, respectively.
William & Mary Tribe vs. Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Under
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Tribe rank 136th (7.0).
- William & Mary is 4-1 ATS on the road, while Delaware is 1-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Fightin’ Blue Hens 4 home games, while 4 of the Tribe’s 5 road games have gone under.
- William & Mary ranks eighth in assists per game (19.1) while Delaware ranks 195th (12.5).
- The Tribe rank 66th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while the Fightin’ Blue Hens rank 230th (18.6).
- William & Mary ranks 23rd in blocks per game (5.5) while Delaware ranks 175th (2.2).
- Delaware is 1-2 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, William & Mary is 3-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tribe have scored an average of 87.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average).