The George Mason Patriots (4-4) will be at home in EagleBank Arena when they go head-to-head with the William & Mary Tribe (5-2). George Mason opened as a 5.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 152 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
William & Mary Tribe at George Mason Patriots Betting Preview
The Tribe easily got past the Savannah State Tigers in their last outing, 108-85. With 21 points, 17 rebounds and five assists, Justin Pierce put together a good game for William & Mary. The Tribe made 16 of their 19 free throws (84.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.767 (above their season average of 0.595).
The last time the Patriots played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Auburn Tigers, 79-63. Jaire Grayer led George Mason in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Auburn’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over George Mason. The Tigers had a rate of 0.311 (above their season average of 0.302), while the Patriots posted a mark of 0.150 (below their season average of 0.265).
It could be a tough game for William & Mary on the offensive glass. The Tribe rank 284th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), while George Mason ranks 38th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Of William & Mary’s 3 games that accepted bets, two have finished over the projected point total, while 3 of George Mason’s 6 games have finished over the projected point total. The Tribe hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-2 SU and 3-0 ATS, while the Patriots are 4-4 SU and 3-3 ATS.
William & Mary Tribe vs. George Mason Patriots ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Patriots rank 31st in rebounds per game (39.2) while the Tribe rank 142nd (36.3).
- William & Mary ranks 222nd in steals per game (5.6) while George Mason ranks 233rd (5.4).
- William & Mary ranks ninth in assists per game (17.7) while George Mason ranks 265th (11.7).
- The Tribe rank 58th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Patriots rank 303rd (17.2).
- William & Mary ranks 25th in blocks per game (5.2) while George Mason ranks 219th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).