Offense meets defense when the William & Mary Tribe (1-1) travel to UCF to take on the Knights (2-0). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 150.5 points with UCF opening as a 14-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
William & Mary Tribe at UCF Knights Odds Preview
In the Tribes last outing, they defeated the Hampton Pirates, 83-76. Nathan Knight was the games high scorer with 31 points on 6-for-11 shooting. The Tribe had a much better free throw rate (0.583 vs. 0.212) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.573 vs. 0.470).
The Knights hope to maintain momentum after edging the Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs in their last game, 68-65. UCF received a boost from Chad Brown, who finished with 10 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks. The Knights had a much better free throw rate (0.571 vs. 0.149) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 25.6).
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of William & Mary takes on the stingy defense of UCF. Since the 2016-17 season, the Tribe rank 37th in offensive efficiency, while the Knights are seventh in defensive efficiency.
The Tribe are 18-15 straight up (SU) since last season, but have struggled covering the spread (11-13-1 against the spread (ATS)). Vegas has had a tendency to place the total low when William & Mary is involved since last season as 64.0 percent of their games have finished over the projected point total.
The Knights, meanwhile, are 23-11 SU and 17-14-1 ATS since last season. Vegas has also been exceedingly precise when setting the O/U total of UCF games over that same period with an even split between overs and unders.
William & Mary Tribe at UCF Knights Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UCF, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Knights rank 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Tribe rank 167th (3.5).
- William & Mary ranks 227th in steals per game (5.4) while UCF ranks 286th (4.2).
- William & Mary ranks 13th in assists per game (16.9) while UCF ranks 300th (11.0).
- The Tribe rank 68th in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while the Knights rank 283rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- UCF ranks eighth in rebounds per game (40.8) while William & Mary ranks 161st (36.0).