The SMU Mustangs (19-8, 9-6 AAC) close out their home schedule at Moody Coliseum against the Wichita State Shockers (21-7, 9-6 AAC). Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Wichita State Shockers at SMU Mustangs Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Mustangs defeated the Memphis Tigers 58-53, while the Shockers won a close one over the Temple Owls 72-69.
Wichita State’s 0.580 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Temple, who had a rate of 0.482. The Shockers’ mark was above their season average of 0.466. The Mustangs, on the other hand, forced 21 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.240). SMU rallied around Tyson Jolly, who had 13 points and 10 rebounds. Jaime Echenique played well for Wichita State, putting up 14 points and 13 rebounds.
The Shockers dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last game, Wichita State won 67-55. The Shockers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Mustangs. Wichita State had a rate of 33.3, while SMU posted a mark of 25.0. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of SMU takes on the top-notch defense of Wichita State. The Mustangs rank 35th in offensive efficiency, while the Shockers are 12th in defensive efficiency.
Wichita State Shockers vs. SMU Mustangs Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – SMU, ATS Winner – SMU, O/U – Under
- Wichita State ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while SMU ranks 242nd (14.6).
- The Mustangs rank 42nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while the Shockers rank 137th (34.9).
- SMU averages 3.1 blocks per game, which is ranked 120th in the country. Wichita State ranks 170th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Shockers rank 55th in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while the Mustangs rank 255th (24.4).
- Wichita State ranks 72nd in steals per game (7.3) while SMU ranks 187th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Mustangs have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. On the season, SMU has defeated opponents by an average of 5.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Shockers have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (2.7 below their season average).