MAC foes will clash when the Miami (OH) RedHawks (7-4, 1-0 MAC) take on the Western Michigan Broncos (9-5, 1-0 MAC) at John D. Millett Hall. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Western Michigan Broncos at Miami (OH) RedHawks Betting Preview
The last time the Broncos played, they were victorious over the Akron Zips, 87-75. Josh Davis was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 10-for-10 shooting. Western Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.237) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.4 (above their season average of 31.3). Akron had marks of 0.197 and 28.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The RedHawks hope to maintain momentum after beating the Bowling Green Falcons in their last contest, 77-72. Miami (OH) was lifted by Dalonte Brown, who was the teams high scorer with 16 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Miami (OH) dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.233 (above their season average of 0.180) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 31.6). For those same stats, Bowling Green was 0.167 and 27.3, respectively.
Points at the line could be few and far between for Western Michigan in this contest. The Broncos currently rank 178th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.240, while Miami (OH) ranks 52nd in FTA rate allowed (0.187).
Darrian Ringo has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Miami (OH), averaging 12.2 points, 7.6 assists and 2.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Broncos won both games last season. In the most recent matchup, Western Michigan won 65-61. The Broncos played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.286 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0. The RedHawks put up marks of 0.081 and 18.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Western Michigan Broncos at Miami (OH) RedHawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami (OH), ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Under
- The RedHawks rank 31st in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Broncos rank 93rd (12.6).
- Western Michigan ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Miami (OH) ranks 67th (3.1).
- Miami (OH) ranks 65th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Western Michigan ranks 239th in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- The Broncos rank 35th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the RedHawks rank 151st (7.3).
- Miami (OH) averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 40th in the NCAA. Western Michigan ranks 118th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- The RedHawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (2.4 above their season average).