The Milwaukee Panthers (7-5) will be at home in UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena when they take on the Western Michigan Broncos (6-5). Milwaukee opened as a 4-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 136 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Western Michigan Broncos at Milwaukee Panthers ATS Preview
The Broncos got blown out by the Idaho Vandals in their last matchup, 82-52. Western Michigan’s Bryce Moore had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 11 points on 4-for-12 shooting. Idaho did an excellent job of making free throws (9-12; 75.0 percent). Western Michigan, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 19.7).
In the Panthers last game, they beat the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 73-56. Milwaukee received a boost from Brock Stull, who was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 7-for-16 shooting. The Panthers had a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 16.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.502).
It could be a tough game for Western Michigan on the offensive glass. The Broncos rank 123rd in offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 percent), while Milwaukee ranks sixth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.3 percent).
Of Western Michigan’s 9 games that accepted bets, four have finished over the O/U total, while 6 of Milwaukee’s 10 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (6-5 for Western Michigan; 7-5 for Milwaukee), but the Panthers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Milwaukee is 5-5 ATS, while the Broncos are 3-6.
Western Michigan Broncos vs. Milwaukee Panthers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Milwaukee, ATS Winner – Western Michigan, O/U – Under
- Milwaukee ranks 83rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while Western Michigan ranks 237th (25.8).
- The Broncos rank 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Panthers rank 81st (3.3).
- Milwaukee is 45th in the nation with 5.4 steals allowed per game while Western Michigan is 57th with 5.6 steals allowed per game.
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Milwaukee has defeated opponents by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average).