The Wisconsin Badgers (4-7) will be at home in Kohl Center when they take on the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (6-3). Wisconsin opened as a 7.5-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 135 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers at Wisconsin Badgers ATS Preview
The Hilltoppers fell to the Ohio Bobcats in their last game, 89-84. Western Kentucky’s Justin Johnson put up 16 points and 13 rebounds in the game. Ohio did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (31-35; 88.6 percent). Western Kentucky, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.3 vs. 16.4).
In the Badgers’ last game, they were topped by the Marquette Golden Eagles, 82-63. With 17 points and nine rebounds, Ethan Happ put together a solid performance for Wisconsin. Marquette had an effective field goal percentage of 0.655 (above their season average of 0.570). Wisconsin, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.199).
Ball security could play a significant role in this meeting. Since last season, Wisconsin has committed the 39th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Western Kentucky has forced the 29th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 17.7 percent).
Of Western Kentucky’s 7 games with betting action, four have finished over the O/U total, while 5 of Wisconsin’s 10 games have finished under the O/U total. The Hilltoppers hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-3 SU and 5-2 ATS, while the Badgers are 4-7 SU and 3-7 ATS.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Wisconsin Badgers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hilltoppers rank 82nd in blocks per game (3.4) while the Badgers rank 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Western Kentucky ranks 52nd in steals per game (5.1) while Wisconsin ranks 58th in steals allowed per game (5.4).
- Wisconsin ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (17.6) while Western Kentucky ranks 148th (22.5).
- The Badgers rank 36th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while the Hilltoppers rank 130th (34.6).
- Wisconsin ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Western Kentucky ranks 109th (14.4).