The UNC Asheville Bulldogs (1-7) welcome the Western Carolina Catamounts (2-8) to Kimmel Arena. The Catamounts look to snap a seven-game road losing streak. Action starts at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Western Carolina Catamounts vs. UNC Asheville Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs won big over the St. Andrews Presbyterian Knights, 87-47, while the Catamounts lost big to the Wright State Raiders, 96-73.
UNC Asheville dominated every facet of the contest. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4 and a turnover percentage of 10.2. St. Andrews Presbyterian was 5.4 and 19.4, respectively, for those same stats. Western Carolina, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 22.6). Devon Baker led the way for UNC Asheville, recording 27 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Western Carolina was led by D.J. Myers, who put up 11 points and six rebounds.
The Catamounts won the only game between these two teams last year, 76-72. Western Carolina’s 0.327 free throw rate was their largest strength over UNC Asheville, who had a mark of 0.076.
Second-chance points might be few and far between for UNC Asheville in this matchup. The Bulldogs rank 266th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.4 percent), while Western Carolina ranks 45th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.8 percent) dating back to the 2017-18 season.
Western Carolina vs. UNC Asheville Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- UNC Asheville ranks 54th in steals per game (7.3) while Western Carolina ranks 262nd in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Catamounts rank 70th in assists allowed per game (14.5) while the Bulldogs rank 233rd (14.6).
- UNC Asheville ranks 147th in blocks per game (3.3) while Western Carolina ranks 265th (2.5).
- The Catamounts rank 68th in rebounds per game (35.3) while the Bulldogs rank 259th (33.6).
- Western Carolina ranks 34th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while UNC Asheville ranks 214th (20.9).