The Western Carolina Catamounts (1-3) take on the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (0-3) in the Cancun Challenge – Mayan Division at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. Action begins at 12:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Western Carolina Catamounts vs. Jacksonville State Gamecocks Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Gamecocks lost to the Bradley Braves, 74-65, while the Catamounts dismantled the Hiwassee College Tigers, 94-55.
Western Carolina played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 46.4 (above their season average of 23.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.637 (above their season average of 0.538). For those same stats, Hiwassee College was 15.7 and 0.276, respectively. Jacksonville State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (18.7 vs. 20.7). Jacksonville State was led by Christian Cunningham, who put up 10 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Matt Halvorsen played well for Western Carolina, contributing 26 points and six rebounds.
Jacksonville State could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they clash against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. Since the 2017-18 season, the Gamecocks rank 60th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.482), while Western Carolina is 312th in effective field goal percentage (0.482).
Western Carolina Catamounts vs. Jacksonville State Gamecocks Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Jacksonville State, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Jacksonville State ranks 60th in assists allowed per game (11.8) while Western Carolina ranks 263rd (14.8).
- The Catamounts rank 31st in steals per game (7.6) while the Gamecocks rank 198th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Western Carolina ranks 142nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while Jacksonville State ranks 295th (17.8).
- The Gamecocks rank 49th in rebounds allowed per game (32.5) while the Catamounts rank 245th (36.7).
- Jacksonville State ranks 28th in blocks per game (4.8) while Western Carolina ranks 223rd (2.7).