A 10-game home winning streak is on the line for the No. 12 Oklahoma Sooners (16-6, 6-4 Big 12) when they meet the No. 15 West Virginia Mountaineers (17-6, 6-4 Big 12) at Lloyd Noble Center. Oklahoma opened as a 2-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 169 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
West Virginia Mountaineers at Oklahoma Sooners Free Preview
The Mountaineers won big over the Kansas State Wildcats in their last matchup, 89-51. Sagaba Konate was the games high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-9 shooting. West Virginia dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.647 (above their season average of 0.492) and a free throw rate of 0.451 (above their season average of 0.239). Kansas State recorded marks of 0.394 and 0.298, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Sooners played, they were blown out by the Texas Longhorns, 79-74. Trae Young led Oklahoma in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-22 shooting. Texas did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (20-27; 74.1 percent). Oklahoma, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 29.8).
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Oklahoma takes on the stingy defense of West Virginia. The Sooners rank 23rd in offensive efficiency, while the Mountaineers are 17th in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Mountaineers rank 33rd in turnover percentage (16.3 percent), while the Sooners rank 282nd in opponents turnover percentage (17.3 percent).
Konate has been playing at a high level over the last five games for West Virginia, averaging 14.0 points, 8.8 rebounds and 4.6 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Mountaineers won 89-76. The Mountaineers played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.2 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6. The Sooners put up marks of 19.5 and 29.7, respectively, for those same stats. Jevon Carter put up a double-double in the victory with 17 points and 10 assists.
West Virginia Mountaineers at Oklahoma Sooners Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – West Virginia, ATS Winner – West Virginia, O/U – Over
- The Mountaineers average 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 63rd in the nation. The Sooners rank 216th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- West Virginia ranks 11th in steals per game (8.7) while Oklahoma ranks 137th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- West Virginia ranks 29th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while Oklahoma ranks 274th in three pointers allowed per game (26.6).
- The Mountaineers rank 37th in rebounds per game (39.1) while the Sooners rank 244th in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- West Virginia ranks 26th in blocks per game (5.0) while Oklahoma ranks 180th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- The Sooners have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Oklahoma has defeated opponents by an average of 7.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (5.0 above their season average).