The Jets (-3) are set to welcome the Indianapolis Colts to MetLife Stadium. Kickoff for this game is set for 1:00 p.m. ET and CBS is scheduled to have the TV rights.
Week 6 Betting Preview: Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Jets
In this Sunday AFC game, New York is projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 3 points. The Colts are also receiving +120 moneyline odds while the Jets are -140. If one squad catches a lucky break early on it would create a reasonable in-game betting opportunity. Vegas has set the over/under (O/U) at 45 points.
Early action has slanted toward the under, as the game’s over/under originally opened at 46.
The Colts have lost 2.3 units so far and are 2-3 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U record of 3-2.
The Jets are down 0.2 units this season. The team is 2-3 ATS and also has an O/U record of 3-2.
The Colts are 1-4 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Jets are 2-3 SU.
The Colts fell to New England 38-24 in a Week 5 contest where their secondary allowed the Patriots to air it out for 341 yards and three touchdowns. Sony Michel had a productive day for the opposition in that one with 98 rushing yards and a score on 18 attempts. On the offense, Andrew Luck completed 38-of-59 passes for 365 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. Nyheim Hines (just 45 rushing yards on 15 attempts) led the ground attack while Eric Ebron (nine receptions, 105 yards, two TDs) and Chester Rogers (eight catches, 66 yards) manned the receiving duties in the defeat.
New York just got a 34-16 win over Denver in Week 5. The defensive secondary let the Broncos air it out for 377 yards and two touchdowns. Demaryius Thomas was a bright spot in the defeat, recording 105 yards and a score on five catches for Denver. For New York, Sam Darnold completed 10-of-22 passes for 198 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. Bilal Powell (99 rushing yards on 20 attempts) and Isaiah Crowell (219 yards on 15 carries, one TD) mounted the running game while Robby Anderson (three receptions, 123 yards, two TDs) and Eric Tomlinson (two catches, 15 yards) led the pass-catching corps in the win.
Indianapolis has run the ball on 29.1 percent of its offensive possessions this year while New York has an overall rush percentage of 47.9 percent. The Colts have produced 74.4 rush yards/game and have one touchdown on the ground this year. The Jets are averaging 135.0 rushing yards per game and have five total rush TDs.
The Colts offensive scheme has averaged 298.2 yards in the air overall and has 12 passing TD so far. The Jets have put up 213.2 pass yards per outing and have seven total pass scores.
Defensively, Indianapolis has let opponents run for an average of 106.8 yards and throw for 301.2 yards per game. The New York D has given up 290.6 yards per game to opposing passers and 105.0 yards per game to opposing runners. The Jets are giving up an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of only 5.39 to opponents, while the Colts have allowed a 6.30 ANY/A.
Darnold has completed 66-of-115 passes for 899 yards, six TDs and six INTs. Darnold’s adjusted net yards per pass attempt stands at 5.69 for the season and 6.13 over his past two outings. In the other locker room, Luck is up to 1,027 passing yards this year. He’s completed 123-of-183 attempts with eight passing touchdowns and five interceptions. Luck has a 4.83 ANY/A for the year, though that number sits at 6.68 over the past two outings.
Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Jets NFL Prediction
SU Winner: Jets, ATS Winner: Colts, O/U: Over
- The Indianapolis defense has 17 sacks on the year while New York has 14.
- Both teams have lost four fumbles this year.
- The Colts offense has recorded two pass plays of 40 yards or more, while the Jets have put up three such plays.
- The Indianapolis defense has allowed zero pass plays of 40 yards or more, while New York has given up two such plays.
- The Indianapolis offense has created one rushing play of 20 or more yards, while New York has created six such runs.
- The Colts defense has allowed three rushing plays of 20 yards or more, while the Jets have given up seven such runs.
- New York was a pick ’em in its last matchup and the O/U was 42. The over cashed and New York obviously covered in the 34-16 win over Denver.
- In its last three matchups, New York is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Over its last three matches, Indianapolis is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Indianapolis was favored by 11 points in its previous game and the O/U was set at 49.5. The over cashed and Indianapolis failed to cover in the 38-24 loss to New England.
- Indianapolis has produced 3.7843137254902 yards per carry over its past three outings and 3.3 over its last two.
- New York has averaged 5.7 yards per carry over its last three contests and 6.9 over its past two.