The Cleveland Browns (-2.5) are heading east to face the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium. ESPN has the TV rights and this Monday Night showdown gets going at 8:15 p.m. ET.
Thursday Night FootballBetting Preview: New York Jets vs. Cleveland Browns
In this Monday AFC matchup, Cleveland is projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 2.5 points. The Browns are also receiving -140 moneyline odds while the Jets are +120. Vegas has placed the over/under (O/U) at 46 points. There will likely be some good live betting possibilities for this game.
The game’s total has shifted up after opening at 45.5. The original line of 2.5 has stayed firm.
The Browns have lost 2.2 units so far and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U record of 1-0.
The Jets have lost 1.4 units this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and has an O/U record of 0-1.
The Browns are 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2019 while the Jets are also 0-1 SU.
The Browns came up short to Tennessee 43-13 in a Week 1 thumping where the passing game the big culprit as Baker Mayfield completed 25 passes for 285 yards, one score and three interceptions. Nick Chubb (75 yards on 17 rushes) led the running attack in the loss while Odell Beckham Jr. (seven receptions, 71 yards) and Landry (four catches, 67 yards) manned the receiving duties.
New York narrowly lost a 17-16 game to Buffalo in Week 1. The defensive unit allowed the Bills to rush for 128 yards on 25 attempts, along with one rushing TD. John Brown had a solid outing in the win, posting 123 yards and a score on seven catches for Buffalo. For New York, Sam Darnold completed 28-of-41 passes for 175 yards and one touchdown. Le’Veon Bell (60 yards on 17 rush attempts) mounted the ground game in the defeat as Jamison Crowder (14 receptions, 99 yards) and Bell (six catches, 32 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching corps.
It appears that the Jets might have the more disruptive lines up front. Their offensive line allowed only 37 sacks last season while their D-line registered 39 sacks. The Browns offensive line gave up 38 sacks last year and their defense generated only 37 sacks.
When these two franchises met last year, Cleveland earned the win 21-17.
Cleveland Browns at New York Jets Betting Prediction
SU Winner: Browns, ATS Winner: Jets, O/U: Over
- The Over/Under for Cleveland’s last game was set at 44. The over cashed in the team’s 43-13 defeat to Tennessee.
- New York has lost one fumble this season while Cleveland has not lost any.
- The O/U for New York’s previous matchup was 41. The under cashed in that 17-16 loss to Buffalo.
- The Cleveland offensive line gave up 38 sacks last season. Their defense created 37 sacks.
- Jets quarterbacks were sacked 37 times last season. Their defense forced 39 sacks
- Cleveland created 15 rushing touchdowns last season.
- New York put up 11 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Browns logged 4.6 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.7 YPC to opponents.
- The Jets recorded 4.0 yards per carry last season and allowed 4.6 YPC to opponents.
- Cleveland logged 29 passing touchdowns last season.
- New York logged 18 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Cleveland defensive unit has four sacks on the year while New York has one.