The Cleveland Browns (+9) are heading southwest to face the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. This early afternoon game kicks off at 1:00 p.m. ET and FOX is in line to have the TV rights.
Betting Preview: Cleveland Browns at New Orleans Saints
Cleveland is a live dog and is currently getting 9 points in this game. The Browns are also receiving +270 moneyline odds while the Saints are -350. Some good live betting opportunities might exist during the match, and oddsmakers have determined the over/under (O/U) to be 50 points.
The early action has shifted toward the over, as the game’s O/U initially opened at just 47.5.
The Browns are 1-0 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 0.0 units so far. The team’s posted an O/U record of 1-0.
The underwhelming Saints have lost 4.8 units this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and also has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Browns have gone 0-0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Saints are 0-1 SU.
The Browns are hoping to remain unbeaten following a 21-21 tie with Pittsburgh in Week 1. Tyrod Taylor completed just 15-of-40 passes for 197 yards, as well as a score and a pick. Carlos Hyde (62 rushing yards on 22 attempts, one TD) and the signal-caller Taylor (77 yards on eight carries, one TD) led the running attack. Jarvis Landry (seven receptions, 106 yards) and David Njoku (three catches, 13 yards) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
New Orleans just fell 48-40 to Tampa Bay in Week 1. The defense allowed the Buccaneers to pass for 417 yards and four touchdowns while rushing for 112 yards. Mike Evans put up a productive showing in the win, recording 147 yards on seven catches for Tampa Bay. For New Orleans, Drew Brees completed 37-of-45 passes for 439 yards and three touchdowns. Alvin Kamara (29 yards on eight rush attempts, two TDs) spearheaded the running game while Michael Thomas (16 receptions, 180 yards, one TD) and Kamara (nine catches, 112 yards, one TD) led the receiving corps in the loss.
Cleveland Browns vs. New Orleans Saints Free NFL Pick
SU Winner: Saints, ATS Winner: Browns, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- The Cleveland defense has four sacks on the year while New Orleans has zero.
- New Orleans has lost two fumbles this season while Cleveland has yet to lose any,
- The Browns O-line allowed 50 sacks last season. Their defense created 34 sacks.
- Saints quarterbacks were sacked 20 times last year. Their defense generated 42 sacks,
- The Browns created 11 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Saints put up 23 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Browns put up 4.5 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 3.4 to opponents.
- The Saints tallied 4.7 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 4.4 to opponents.
- The Browns converted 15 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Saints logged 23 passing touchdowns last season.