The Indianapolis Colts (+6) are making a trip east to battle the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field. This early afternoon game gets underway at 1:00 p.m. ET and CBS is in line to televise the action.
Betting Preview: Washington Redskins vs. Indianapolis Colts
The Colts come into this Sunday game as the dog here and are currently getting 6 points. The Colts are also receiving +180 moneyline odds while the Redskins are -220. Oddsmakers have determined the over/under (O/U) to be 45.5 points, and if one side gets out in front early, it would probably generate a nice betting opportunity in-game.
Smart bettors have been hammering both the Redskins and the under. The line originally opened at -5 while the O/U was initially 47.5.
The Colts have lost 1.1 units so far and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team’s posted an O/U record of 1-0.
The Redskins are up 1.1 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 1-0 ATS and own an O/U record of 0-1.
The Colts are 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Redskins are 1-0 SU.
The Colts are looking to bounce back after a 34-23 defeat to Cincinnati in Week 1. Andrew Luck completed 39 passes on 53 attempts for 319 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Jordan Wilkins (only 40 yards on 14 rushes) led the ground attack while Ryan Grant (eight receptions, 59 yards) and Hines (seven catches, 33 yards) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
Washington enters this one having just earned a 24-6 win over Arizona in Week 1. The defense did its part in the victory, keeping the Cardinals to only 153 passing yards and 68 rushing yards. Larry Fitzgerald had a productive showing in the loss, recording 76 yards and a score on seven catches for Arizona. For Washington, Alex Smith completed 21-of-30 passes for 255 yards and two touchdowns. Adrian Peterson (96 yards on 26 rush attempts, one TD) mounted the running attack while Chris Thompson (six receptions, 63 yards, one TD) and Jordan Reed (four catches, 48 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching corps in the win..
Indianapolis Colts vs. Washington Redskins Betting Prediction
SU Winner: Redskins, ATS Winner: Colts, O/U: Under
Team Betting Notes
- Each team defense has created two sacks this year.
- Each team has lost one fumble this season.
- The Colts only recorded 13 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Redskins threw for 27 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Colts created 11 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Redskins put up 10 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Colts registered 3.7 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 3.9 to opponents.
- The Redskins ran for 3.6 yards per carry last season and allowed 4.5 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Colts offensive line yielded 56 sacks last season. Their defense created 25 sacks.
- The Redskins offense allowed 41 sacks last season. Their defense logged 42 sacks.