The Dallas Cowboys (-4.5) are set to face off against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field. This Sunday matchup gets going at 1:00 p.m. ET and FOX is in line to broadcast the action.
Betting Preview: Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
Washington is projected as the underdog and is currently getting 4.5 points in this Sunday NFC game. The Cowboys are also receiving -180 moneyline odds while the Redskins are +160. Vegas has placed the over/under (O/U) at 44 points, and if one side can catch a lucky break early, it will probably result in a reasonable in-game betting opportunity.
The Cowboys have gained 1.0 unit so far and are 1-0 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an Over-Under record of 1-0.
The Redskins have lost 1.0 unit for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 1-0 ATS and also have an O/U record of 1-0.
The Cowboys are 1-0 straight up (SU), including 1-0 SU against NFC East opponents. The Redskins are 0-1 SU overall and 0-1 SU against divisional foes.
The Cowboys are looking to remain undefeated following a 35-17 win over the Giants last week where Dak Prescott completed 25 passes on 32 attempts for 405 yards and four touchdowns. Ezekiel Elliott (53 yards on 13 rush attempts, one TD) and Tony Pollard (24 yards on 13 carries) spearheaded the running attack while Michael Gallup (seven receptions, 158 yards) and Amari Cooper (six catches, 106 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Back in Week 1, Philadelphia knocked off this Washington team by a score of 32-27. The Redskins defensive unit allowed the Eagles to pass for 313 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for 123 yards. DeSean Jackson was outstanding, putting up 154 yards and two touchdowns on eight catches for the Eagles. For Washington, Case Keenum completed 30-of-44 passes for 380 yards and three touchdowns. Derrius Guice (18 yards on 10 rush attempts) spearheaded the running game as Thompson (seven receptions, 68 yards) and Terry McLaurin (five catches, 125 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching attack in the loss.
If the results last year are any indication, then it appears the Cowboys should have the advantage when it comes to RB effectiveness. Their backfield produced 4.5 yards per carry last season while their defense allowed 3.8 YPC to opponents. The Redskins tallied 4.3 yards per carry last year and gave up 4.5 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins Free Prediction
SU Winner: Cowboys, ATS Winner: Cowboys, O/U: Under
Team Betting Trends
- The O/U for Dallas’ last game was 44. The over cashed in the team’s 35-17 win over the Giants.
- Both teams have yet to lose a fumble in 2019.
- The O/U for Washington’s previous match was 44. The over cashed in the team’s 32-27 loss to Philadelphia.
- The Cowboys created 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Redskins put up 12 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Cowboys offense gave up 56 sacks last season. Their defense created 39 sacks.
- Redskins quarterbacks were sacked 44 times last year. Their defense generated 46 sacks
- The Cowboys produced 22 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Redskins logged 16 passing touchdowns last season.
- Each team defense has recorded one sack this year.