The Philadelphia Eagles (-3) are heading south to face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium. This early afternoon matchup is scheduled to kick off at 1:00 p.m. ET and interested parties can watch the action live on FOX.
Betting Preview: Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
In this Sunday NFC game, Philadelphia is projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 3 points. The Eagles are also receiving -150 moneyline odds while the Buccaneers are +130. There should be some good in-game betting possibilities while this showdown is taking place, and Vegas has placed the over/under (O/U) at 44 points.
The Eagles are 1-0 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 1.0 unit this season. The team’s posted an O/U record of 0-1.
The Buccaneers are up 3.3 units for moneyline bettors this year. They’re 1-0 ATS and have an O/U record of 1-0.
The Eagles have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Buccaneers are also 1-0 SU.
The Eagles are hoping to stay unbeaten following an 18-12 victory over Atlanta last week. Nick Foles completed just 19 passes on 34 attempts for 117 yards and one interception. Jay Ajayi (62 rushing yards on 15 attempts, two TDs) led the ground attack in the win while Nelson Agholor (eight receptions, 33 yards) and Zach Ertz (five catches, 48 yards) shared the receiving duties.
Tampa Bay just picked up a 48-40 win over New Orleans in Week 1. The defensive secondary let the Saints air it out for 439 yards and three touchdowns. Michael Thomas was on a different level for New Orleans, recording 180 yards on 16 catches. For Tampa Bay, Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 21-of-28 passes for 417 yards and four touchdowns. Peyton Barber (69 rushing yards on 19 attempts) and the signal-caller Fitzpatrick (36 yards on 12 carries, one TD) mounted the ground attack in the win while Mike Evans (seven receptions, 147 yards, one TD) and DeSean Jackson (five catches, 146 yards, two TDs) led the pass-catching attack..
Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free NFL Pick
SU Winner: Buccaneers, ATS Winner: Buccaneers, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- Philadelphia was a pick ’em in its previous game and the O/U was set at 44.5. The under cashed and Philadelphia obviously covered in the 18-12 victory over Atlanta.
- Tampa Bay has lost zero fumbles this season while Philadelphia has lost one.
- Over its last three matchups, Philadelphia is 3-0 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Tampa Bay was favored by 10 points in its previous game and the Over/Under was set at 49.5. The over cashed and Tampa Bay did not cover in the 48-40 triumph over New Orleans.
- In its last three matches, Tampa Bay is 3-0 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The Eagles produced 38 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Buccaneers converted 26 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Eagles created nine rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Buccaneers put up eight rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Eagles O-line allowed 36 sacks last season. Their defense created 38 sacks.
- Buccaneers QBss were sacked 40 times last season. Their defense was able to sack opposing signal-callers 22 times.
- The Philadelphia defense has four sacks on the year while Tampa Bay has one.