The Oakland Raiders (+5) are heading east to take on their AFC West rival Denver Broncos at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. CBS will broadcast the action and this late afternoon game is scheduled to kick off at 4:25 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
In this Sunday AFC game, Denver is labeled as the favorite and the team’s currently giving up 5 points. The Raiders are also receiving +160 moneyline odds while the Broncos are -180. It appears that there might be multiple good live betting opportunities for this showdown.
The Raiders have gone 0-1 straight up (SU) and the team has yet to face any AFC West opponents this year. The Broncos are 1-0 SU overall and also 0-0 SU against divisional foes.
The Raiders fell to the Rams 33-13 in a Week 1 thumping where their defense allowed the Rams to rush for 140 yards on 26 attempts. Todd Gurley II had a productive day for the opposition in that one with 108 rushing yards on 20 attempts. On the offensive side, Derek Carr completed 29-of-40 passes for 303 yards and three interceptions. Marshawn Lynch (41 rushing yards on 11 attempts, one TD) provided the ground attack in the loss while Jared Cook (nine receptions, 180 yards) and Richard (nine catches, 55 yards) handled the receiving duties.
Denver is coming off of a 27-24 win over Seattle in Week 1. The defensive secondary allowed the Seahawks to air it out for 298 yards and three touchdowns. Will Dissly was a bright spot in the loss, recording 105 yards on three catches for Seattle. For Denver, Case Keenum completed 25-of-39 passes for 329 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions. Phillip Lindsay (71 rushing yards on 15 attempts) and Royce Freeman (71 yards on 15 carries) handled the ground game in the win as Emmanuel Sanders (10 receptions, 135 yards, one TD) and Demaryius Thomas (six catches, 63 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching corps.
It appears that the Raiders ought to own the advantage along both the offensive and defensive fronts, as their offensive line yielded only 24 sacks last season while the D-line logged 31 sacks. The Broncos offensive line allowed 52 sacks last year and their defense sacked opposing QBs on just 33 occasions..
Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos Betting Prediction
SU Winner: Broncos, ATS Winner: Broncos
- The Denver defense has notched six sacks on the year while Oakland has one.
- Both teams have yet to lose a fumble in 2018,
- The Oakland offensive line gave up 24 sacks last season. Their defense created 31 sacks.
- Broncos quarterbacks were sacked 52 times last season. Their defense got to opposing QBs 33 times,
- Oakland created 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
- Denver put up eight rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Raiders logged 4.2 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.0 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Broncos tallied 4.1 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 3.3 to opponents.
- Oakland recorded 23 passing touchdowns last season.
- Denver converted 19 passing touchdowns last season.