Two teams that boasted winning campaigns a year ago, the Carolina Panthers (-3) and the Dallas Cowboys (+3) will square off on the grass of Bank of America Stadium. This late afternoon game is scheduled to start at 4:25 p.m. ET and FOX will broadcast the action.
Betting Preview: Carolina Panthers vs. Dallas Cowboys
In this Sunday NFC game, Carolina has been projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 3 points. The Cowboys are also receiving +130 moneyline odds while the Panthers are -150. Oddsmakers have set the over/under (O/U) at 42.5 points, and if one team finds paydirt early, it will likely generate a solid live betting opportunity.
Square bettors are hammering the under, as this game’s over/under was initially placed at 44.
Overall, the Cowboys finished 9-7 straight-up (SU) in 2017 while the Panthers performed a bit better with an 11-6 SU record last year. When playing against conference competition, the Cowboys went 7-5 SU and the Panthers were 7-5 SU when facing National Football Conference teams. The Cowboys were 2-2 SU when facing teams from outside the conference while the Panthers were 4-0 SU against such teams.
On a per-matchup basis, the Cowboys averaged 219.5 passing yards and 94.0 rushing yards against their four out-of-conference opponents last year. They managed to score 17.8 points per game against those teams while giving up 26.0 per contest. When matched up against NFC competition, they scored an average of 23.6 points and allowed 19.0 points per contest. They ultimately put up 204.0 pass yards per game and 149.5 rush yards per game.
Against out-of-conference foes, the Panthers passed for 241.5 yards per game and ran for 164.0 a game on their way to 30.5 points per contest. When facing NFC opponents, the offensive unit tallied 20.1 points per game by averaging 196.1 passing yards and 120.5 rush yards. The Panthers defense yielded 20.3 PPG to non-conference foes and 20.5 PPG to conference teams..
Dallas Cowboys vs. Carolina Panthers Betting Prediction
SU Winner: Cowboys, ATS Winner: Cowboys, O/U: Under
Team Betting Notes
- The Cowboys created 18 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Panthers put up 15 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Cowboys logged 4.5 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.1 to opponents.
- The Panthers tallied 4.3 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 4.0 to opponents.
- The Cowboys offense gave up 32 sacks last season. Their defense created 38 sacks.
- The Panthers O-line gave up 35 sacks last year. Their defense sacked opposing QBs on 50 occasions,
- Both of these teams put up exactly 22 passing touchdowns last season.