Offense meets defense when the Weber State Wildcats (4-3) visit Utah Valley to take on the Wolverines (5-3). Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Weber State Wildcats vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Odds Preview
The Wildcats were beaten by the Fresno State Bulldogs in their last outing, 83-71. With 21 points on 6-for-9 shooting, Brekkott Chapman led Weber State in scoring. Fresno State did a great job of making free throws (22-29; 75.9 percent). Weber State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.646 vs. 0.565).
In the Wolverines last matchup, they defeated the UTSA Roadrunners, 88-80. Utah Valley’s Isaac Neilson played well, finishing with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Utah Valley played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4 (above their season average of 36.3) and a free throw rate of 0.426 (above their season average of 0.225). For those same stats, UTSA recorded marks of 23.4 and 0.200, respectively.
Opposite tempos will be on display in this showdown. Since last season, Utah Valley has preferred a fast-paced style of play (20th in possessions per game), while Weber State has been slower-paced (203rd in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Wildcats rank 30th in offensive efficiency (114.7), while the Wolverines rank 47th in defensive efficiency (97.2).
The Wildcats won the lone contest against the Wolverines last season, 93-85. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Weber State’s biggest advantages. They had 28 free throw attempts, while Utah Valley had 22.
Weber State Wildcats vs. Utah Valley Wolverines ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats are seventh in the NCAA with 2.2 blocks allowed per game while the Wolverines are 59th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- Weber State averages 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 160th in the NCAA. Utah Valley ranks 211th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Utah Valley ranks 20th in rebounds per game (39.9) while Weber State ranks 283rd (32.6).
- The Wildcats rank 47th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Wolverines rank 252nd (7.4).
- Weber State ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (16.8) while Utah Valley ranks 141st (21.0).