The Washington Wizards (21-36), 10.5-point underdogs, will travel to Vivint Smart Home Arena to take on the Utah Jazz (36-22). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 230.5 points and action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Washington Wizards vs. Utah Jazz ATS Odds
The Wizards beat the Brooklyn Nets in their last game, 110-106, despite being 1.5-point underdogs. The Jazz, on the other hand, were beaten by the Boston Celtics, 114-103, and failed to cover as 5-point underdogs. The Washington game finished 16.5 points under the projected point total of 232.5, while the Utah game finished 0.5 points under the projected point total of 217.5.
The Wizards forced 18 turnovers and held the Nets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.471 (below the 0.559 mark opponents have averaged against Washington this season). Utah, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.1 (above their season average of 20.9). Utah was led by Donovan Mitchell, who recorded 37 points, five rebounds and five assists. Bradley Beal had a good game for Washington, putting up 30 points, five rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Rudy Gobert led the Jazz to a 127-116 victory. He registered a double-double with 21 points and 14 rebounds. Utah covered as a 6.5-point favorite and the two teams combined for 243 points, which was well over the projected point total of 225.5. Utah was successful at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Jazz made 21 of their 25 free throws (84.0 percent), while the Wizards were 15-17 (88.2 percent).
Wizards games tend to go over the total (57.9 percent). Washington heads into the contest with records of 21-36 straight up (SU) and 30-27 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Jazz have a slight tendency to go over the O/U total (51.7 percent). Moreover, Utah is 36-22 SU and 27-29-2 ATS.
The upper-echelon offense of Utah will battle against the bottom-tier defense of Washington. The Jazz rank third in effective field goal percentage (0.549), while the Wizards are 29th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.557). The Jazz figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Washington Wizards at Utah Jazz Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
- The Jazz rank 15th in points in the paint per game (48.0) while the Wizards rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.7).
- Utah ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.9) while Washington ranks 29th (15.1).
- The Jazz rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (42.6) while the Wizards rank 25th (46.5).
- Washington ranks 14th in steals per game (7.9) while Utah ranks 28th (5.7).
- Washington ranks 16th in fast break points per game (12.9) while Utah ranks 27th (10.8).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (20.9) while the Wizards rank 25th (25.4).
- The Jazz rank third in three pointers allowed per game (31.4) while the Wizards rank 14th (33.6).
- Washington ranks 22nd in blocks per game (4.3) while Utah ranks 27th (3.9).
- Washington ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Utah ranks 27th (14.2).
- Washington is 4-0 when they allow less than 100 points, while Utah is 12-2.
- The Jazz are 35-16 when they score more than 100 points, while the Wizards are 19-34.
- Washington is 14-14 ATS on the road, while Utah is 13-15-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 15 of the Jazz’s 29 home games, while 18 of the Wizards’ 28 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Washington and Utah have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wizards are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 1-4.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 116.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.6 points per game (4.3 below their season average).
- The Jazz have been outscored by an average of 7.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Utah has defeated opponents by an average of 2.9 points.