The Washington Wizards (2-2), 7-point underdogs, will travel to Air Canada Centre to clash against the Toronto Raptors (2-2) in game five of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points and action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
Washington Wizards at Toronto Raptors ATS Odds
In game four, Wall led the Wizards to a 106-98 win. He notched a double-double with 27 points and 14 assists. Washington covered as a 1-point underdog and the two teams combined to put up 204 points, which was under the projected point total of 217. Washington had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 16.3). Toronto, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-30; 76.7 percent).
The high-powered offense of Toronto (third in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 111.5) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Washington (15th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 106.9). The Raptors should have the edge on that end of the court.
Games involving the Wizards have gone under the projected point total 51.2 percent of the time. Washington heads into the game with records of 45-41 straight up (SU) and 38-46-2 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Washington, games including the Raptors have finished over the total 52.3 percent of the time. Moreover, Toronto owns records of 61-25 SU and 46-40 ATS.
Washington Wizards vs. Toronto Raptors Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
- The Wizards average 11.8 fast break points per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Raptors rank 16th in fast break points allowed per game (11.8).
- Toronto ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.7) while Washington ranks 24th (26.2).
- The Raptors rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while the Wizards rank 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Washington averages 12.5 second chance points per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Toronto ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- Toronto ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (42.2) while Washington ranks eighth (42.4).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.1) while the Wizards rank 21st (4.3).
- The Raptors average 24.2 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Wizards rank 10th in assists allowed per game (22.3).
- Toronto ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (48.6) while Washington ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.5).
- Washington is 20-4 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Toronto is 28-5.
- The Wizards are 42-22 when they reach the century mark, while the Raptors are 55-16.
- Toronto is 24-19 ATS at home, while Washington is 21-22 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 24 of the Wizards’ 43 road games, while 22 of the Raptors’ 43 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Washington and Toronto are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Wizards have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Raptors have 4 overs and 1 under
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 109.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.2 points per game (2.9 above their season average).
- The Raptors have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Toronto has defeated opponents by an average of 7.3 points.