The Washington Wizards (0-1) will travel to Air Canada Centre to take on the Toronto Raptors (1-0) in game two of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Raptors opened as 6.5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
Washington Wizards vs. Toronto Raptors ATS Odds
In game one, Ibaka led the Raptors to a 114-106 win. He recorded a double-double with 23 points and 12 rebounds. Toronto covered as a 7.5-point favorite and the two teams combined for 220 points, which was over the projected point total of 213.5. Toronto’s 0.636 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Washington, who had a rate of 0.523.
The prolific offense of Toronto will clash against the mid-tier defense of Washington. The Raptors currently rank third in offensive efficiency, while the Wizards are 15th in defensive efficiency. The Raptors figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Games involving the Wizards have a slight tendency to go under the projected point total (51.8 percent). Washington comes into the game with records of 43-40 straight up (SU) and 36-45-2 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Washington, games including the Raptors have a slight tendency to go over the projected point total (51.8 percent). Moreover, Toronto is 60-23 SU and 45-38 ATS.
Washington Wizards at Toronto Raptors ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
- Toronto ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (33.0) while Washington ranks 23rd (26.4).
- The Raptors average 17.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Wizards rank 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.2).
- Washington ranks 14th in second chance points per game (12.6) while Toronto ranks 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- Toronto ranks 18th in steals per game (7.6) while Washington ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.1) while the Wizards rank 21st (4.3).
- The Raptors average 24.3 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Wizards rank 10th in assists allowed per game (22.4).
- Toronto ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (48.6) while Washington ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.5).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Toronto is 28-5 and Washington is 19-4.
- The Wizards are 40-21 when they reach 100 points, while the Raptors are 54-15.
- Toronto is 23-19 ATS at home, while Washington is 21-21 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 21 of the Raptors’ 42 home games, while 24 of the Wizards’ 42 road games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Washington and Toronto have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 2-3.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (1.5 above their season average).