The Orlando Magic (24-57) and Washington Wizards (43-38) will face off at Amway Center to kick off Eastern Conference play. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 11, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Washington Wizards at Orlando Magic Betting Preview
The Wizards beat the Boston Celtics in their last matchup, 113-101. John Wall was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Wizards had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.584 (above their season average of 0.526) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 23.3).
The last time the Magic played, they were beaten by the Milwaukee Bucks, 102-86. Nikola Vucevic led Orlando in scoring with 17 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Milwaukee out-rebounded Orlando. The Bucks had 12 offensive rebounds and 56 total rebounds, while the Magic had five and 43, respectively.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Orlando. Orlando ranks 17th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 13.9 percent), while the gambling defense of Washington forces the seventh-most turnovers in the league (14.5 percent).
Of Washington’s 80 games with betting action, 42 have finished under the projected point total, while 47 of Orlando’s 81 games have finished under the projected point total. The Wizards have the superior straight up (SU) record (43-38 vs. 24-57), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Washington is 35-43-2 ATS, while Orlando is 35-44-2 ATS.
Mario Hezonja has really been playing well recently for Orlando, averaging 14.0 points and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
These two teams have already met three times this year, with the Wizards winning all three. In the most recent contest, Bradley Beal put up 18 points, eight rebounds and eight assists and the Wizards beat the Magic 115-98, covering as 5-point favorites. The two teams combined for 213 points, which was just 1.5 points below the projected point total of 214.5 points. The Wizards dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.1 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. The Magic were 18.7 and 27.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Washington Wizards vs. Orlando Magic Betting Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.7) while the Magic rank 28th (48.4).
- Washington averages 11.5 fast break points per game, which ranks 15th in the league. Orlando ranks 21st in fast break points allowed per game (12.9).
- Washington ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while Orlando ranks 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Washington is 21-19 ATS on the road with 23 unders and 17 overs.
- Orlando is 15-24-1 ATS at home with 24 unders and 16 overs.
- Washington is 19-4 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Orlando is 11-9.
- When reaching the century mark, the Magic are 23-31 and the Wizards are 40-20.
- The Wizards rank 10th in steals per game (7.9) while the Magic rank 16th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Washington averages 25.3 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Orlando ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- The Wizards rank 11th in rebounds allowed per game (42.5) while the Magic rank 27th (45.8).
- Washington ranks 13th in second chance points per game (12.5) while Orlando ranks 26th (10.8).
- Orlando is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.2 points per game (5.1 above their season average).