The New York Knicks (23-35), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Washington Wizards (32-24) to Madison Square Garden. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 206 points with Washington opening as a 5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
Washington Wizards at New York Knicks ATS Preview
The Wizards defeated the Chicago Bulls in their last contest, 101-90. Tomas Satoransky was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 10-for-12 shooting. The Wizards, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.523, had a mark of 0.543 and had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 13.9).
The last time the Knicks played, they were defeated by the Philadelphia 76ers, 108-92. With 17 points and 13 rebounds, New York’s Enes Kanter played well. Philadelphia had an effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.526). New York, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-28; 85.7 percent).
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for New York in this meeting. The Knicks rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 percent), while Washington ranks 25th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
Of Washington’s 56 games, 29 have finished under the O/U total, while 29 of New York’s 58 games have finished under the O/U total. The Wizards have the superior straight up (SU) record (32-24 vs. 23-35), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Washington is 26-30 ATS, while New York is 28-30 ATS.
Otto Porter Jr. has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Washington, averaging 18.6 points, 7.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 224 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 213. The Wizards won 121-103, covering as 9-point favorites. The Wizards dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.648 and a free throw rate of 0.198. The Knicks put up marks of 0.517 and 0.163, respectively, for those same stats. Bradley Beal scored a game-high 27 points.
Washington Wizards vs. New York Knicks ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank ninth in points in the paint per game (46.3) while the Wizards rank 25th (42.1).
- New York ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.4) while Washington ranks 18th (4.4).
- Washington ranks 14th in fast break points per game (11.6) while New York ranks 29th (7.4).
- New York ranks 11th in rebounds per game (44.3) while Washington ranks 18th in rebounds allowed per game (43.3).
- Washington is 16-13 ATS on the road with 18 unders and 11 overs.
- At home, New York is 16-11 ATS with 15 unders and 12 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, New York is 11-3 and Washington is 16-2.
- The Wizards are 29-13 when they reach the century mark, while the Knicks are 22-17.
- The Wizards rank fourth in assists per game (24.2) while the Knicks rank 19th in assists allowed per game (23.3).
- New York averages 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Washington ranks last in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- The Wizards rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.0) while the Knicks rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- The Wizards rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5) while the Knicks rank 26th (30.8).
- Washington ranks 11th in steals per game (8.1) while New York ranks 28th (6.7).
- New York is 0-5 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Knicks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.2, up from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.0 points per game (2.4 below their season average).