The Los Angeles Clippers (8-15) will be at home in Staples Center when they clash with the Washington Wizards (14-11). Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on FSN Prime Ticket.
Washington Wizards vs. Los Angeles Clippers Odds Preview
In the WizardsH last matchup, they were victorious over the Phoenix Suns, 109-99. Bradley Beal was the games high scorer with 34 points on 13-for-22 shooting. The Wizards had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 12.3) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.510).
The Clippers are hoping for a better outcome after their 113-107 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last game. With 18 points and 21 rebounds, DeAndre Jordan played well for Los Angeles. Minnesota did a terrific job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent). Los Angeles, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.9 (better than their season average of 13.7).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Los Angeles. Los Angeles ranks 19th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.9 percent), while the disruptive defense of Washington forces the ninth-most turnovers in the NBA (15.3 percent). Moreover, the Wizards rank fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.221), while the Clippers rank 26th in opponents FTA rate (0.223).
Lou Williams has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Los Angeles, averaging 24.2 points, 6.4 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after splitting two games last season. The Clippers won the last game 133-124. Los Angeles did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (27-37; 73.0 percent). Washington, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.8 vs. 21.6).
Washington Wizards vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 15th in fast break points per game (10.2) while the Clippers rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (12.0).
- Los Angeles ranks 16th in rebounds per game (43.0) while Washington ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (44.0).
- Washington averages 18.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- Los Angeles is 4-7 ATS at home, while Washington is 10-4 ATS on the road.
- Of the Wizards 14 road games, they have 11 unders and 3 overs.
- The Clippers have 6 overs, 4 unders and 1 push in 11 home games.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Washington is 11-1 and Los Angeles is 5-1.
- The Clippers are 7-11 when they score over 100 points, while the Wizards are 12-6.
- The Wizards rank 19th in assists per game (21.9) while the Clippers rank 26th (20.4).
- Washington ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Los Angeles ranks 24th (8.6).
- The Clippers rank seventh in second chance points per game (13.8) while the Wizards rank 28th in second chance points allowed per game (14.0).
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while Washington ranks 16th (44.6).
- Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Clippers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 101.2 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).