An 18-game home winning streak is on the line for the Houston Rockets (62-15) when they welcome the Washington Wizards (42-35) to Toyota Center. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, and can be seen on ATTSN Southwest.
Washington Wizards vs. Houston Rockets Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Rockets lost to the San Antonio Spurs, 100-83, while the Wizards lost big to the Chicago Bulls, 113-94.
Washington did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (12-12; 100.0 percent) while Houston did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (24-29; 82.8 percent). James Harden played a pivotal role for Houston with 25 points and eight assists. Washington was led by Bradley Beal, who put up 15 points and five assists.
The physical Houston offense looks poised to dominate from the foul line. The Rockets rank first in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.236, while Washington is among the NBA’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 24th-ranked FTA rate of 0.210).
Just over half of the Wizards’ games have finished under the total. Washington holds records of 42-35 straight up (SU) and 34-41-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Rockets are involved, as 55.8 percent of their games have gone under the total. Additionally, Houston owns records of 62-15 SU and 40-35-2 ATS.
Gerald Green has taken his game to another level recently for Houston, averaging 14.2 points over the last five games.
In their first matchup this year, Otto Porter Jr. led the Wizards to a 121-103 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 26 points. Washington covered as a 2-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 224 points, hitting the projected point total. The Wizards’ 27.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Rockets, who had a mark of 18.6.
Washington Wizards at Houston Rockets Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (42.3) while Washington ranks 23rd (26.5).
- The Rockets rank fifth in steals per game (8.5) while the Wizards rank 16th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Washington ranks 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.8) while Houston ranks 27th (48.3).
- Houston averages 11.5 second chance points per game, which ranks 20th in the league. Washington ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- The Wizards rank fourth in assists per game (25.2) while the Rockets rank 24th (21.7).
- The Rockets rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while the Wizards rank 11th (42.5).
- Houston averages 17.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Washington ranks 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Washington is 19-4 when they allow below 100 points, while Houston is 30-2.
- The Wizards are 39-18 when they score above 100 points, while the Rockets are 60-11.
- Houston is 16-21-1 ATS at home, while Washington is 20-18 ATS on the road.
- Of the Wizards’ 38 road games, they have 23 unders and 15 overs.
- The Rockets have 20 unders and 18 overs in 38 home games.
- The Rockets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Houston has 4 unders and 1 over, while Washington has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 107.4 points per game (5.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 95.8 points per game (8.3 below their season average).
- The Wizards have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 0.9 points.