The Washington Wizards (42-34) will travel to United Center to clash against the Chicago Bulls (25-51). The Wizards opened as 8-point favorites. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210.5 points and it will air on NBC Sports Chicago at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Washington Wizards vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bulls defeated the Orlando Magic 90-82, while the Wizards beat the Charlotte Hornets 107-93.
Washington dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 12.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.557 (above their season average of 0.525). For those same stats, Charlotte was 16.1 and 0.494, respectively. The Bulls, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.190 (above their season average of 0.166) and held the Magic to an effective field goal percentage of 0.367 (below their season average of 0.517). Lauri Markkanen played well for Chicago with 13 points and eight rebounds. Washington rallied around Otto Porter Jr. who contributed 26 points and 11 rebounds.
It will be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Bulls (ranked sixth in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Wizards (18th in possessions per game).
Games involving the Wizards have finished under the total 53.3 percent of the time. Washington holds records of 42-34 straight up (SU) and 33-40-2 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Washington, just over half of Bulls games have finished over the projected point total. Moreover, Chicago is 25-51 SU and 38-35-3 ATS.
In their two matchups this season, the Wizards have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 191 points, well under the projected point total of 213. Washington won 101-90, covering as a 5.5-point favorite. Washington had a better effective field goal percentage (0.543 vs. 0.481). Chicago, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (20.5 vs. 14.3). In the victory, Tomas Satoransky led all scorers with 25 points.
Washington Wizards vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 24th in points in the paint per game (42.6) while the Bulls rank 26th (41.7).
- Washington averages 25.2 assists per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Chicago ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (25.6).
- The Wizards rank 10th in points off turnovers per game (17.1) while the Bulls rank 28th (14.6).
- Chicago ranks fifth in rebounds per game (44.9) while Washington ranks 20th (43.1).
- Washington ranks 22nd in blocks per game (4.4) while Chicago ranks last (3.6).
- The Wizards rank 11th in three pointers allowed per game (28.8) while the Bulls rank last (32.2).
- The Bulls rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while the Wizards rank 14th (7.7).
- Chicago ranks sixth in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while Washington ranks 25th (13.3).
- Washington is 19-4 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Chicago is 7-6.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Bulls are 22-24 and the Wizards are 39-18.
- Washington is 20-17 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 19-16-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 23 of the Wizards 37 road games, while 19 of the Bulls 37 home games have gone under.
- The Bulls are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Chicago has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Washington has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Bulls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.2 points per game (3.5 below their season average).