The Chicago Bulls (19-35) will be at home in United Center when they go head-to-head against the Washington Wizards (31-24). Washington opened as a 5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9.
Washington Wizards vs. Chicago Bulls Odds Preview
The last time the Wizards played, they lost to the Boston Celtics, 110-104. Otto Porter Jr. had a good performance for Washington, leading the team in scoring with 27 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Boston had a free throw rate of 0.274 (above their season average of 0.182). Washington, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.9 (above their season average of 23.2).
The Bulls come in on a high note after just getting past the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last matchup, 114-113. With 35 points on 12-for-26 shooting, Zach LaVine led Chicago in scoring. Chicago dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 11.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.500). For those same stats, Minnesota had marks of 11.6 and 0.517, respectively.
Chicago could have a tough time creating turnovers. Washington ranks 14th in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.9 percent), while Chicago forces the second-fewest turnovers (12.5 percent).
Of Washington’s 55 games, 28 have finished under the O/U total, while 28 of Chicago’s 53 games have finished over the projected point total. The Wizards have the better straight up (SU) record (31-24 vs. 19-35), but the Bulls hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (28-22-3 vs. 25-30).
Porter Jr. has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Washington, averaging 18.2 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 224 points, which was over the projected point total of 211. The Wizards won 114-110, but were unable to cover as 8-point favorites. The Wizards dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.1 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0. For those same stats, the Bulls were 10.6 and 22.2, respectively. In the victory, Bradley Beal led all scorers with 39 points.
Washington Wizards vs. Chicago Bulls Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.3) while the Bulls rank 29th (46.0).
- Washington ranks 13th in fast break points per game (11.7) while Chicago ranks 18th in fast break points allowed per game (12.1).
- Chicago averages 31.0 three pointers per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Washington ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Washington is 15-13 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 13-10-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 17 of the Wizards 28 road games, while 14 of the Bulls 25 home games have gone under.
- Chicago is 6-5 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Washington is 15-2.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Wizards are 28-13 and the Bulls are 17-17.
- The Wizards rank 18th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Bulls rank 27th (3.7).
- Washington ranks fifth in assists per game (24.1) while Chicago ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (25.0).
- The Wizards rank sixth in points off turnovers per game (18.1) while the Bulls rank 27th (14.4).
- The Wizards rank 25th in points in the paint per game (42.1) while the Bulls rank 27th (40.7).
- Chicago ranks 11th in second chance points allowed per game (11.7) while Washington ranks 28th (13.9).
- Chicago is 0-5 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bulls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.0, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 110.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (3.1 above their season average).