Southeast Division foes will collide when the Charlotte Hornets (7-9) take on the Washington Wizards (10-7) at Spectrum Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210.5 points with Charlotte opening as a 2-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Carolina.
Washington Wizards at Charlotte Hornets Odds Preview
The Wizards defeated the Milwaukee Bucks in their last contest, 99-88. With 12 points and 11 rebounds, Washingtons Otto Porter had a solid game. The Wizards held the Bucks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.6 (below the 24.1 mark opponents have averaged against Washington this season) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.518).
In the Hornets last matchup, they beat the Minnesota Timberwolves, 118-102. With 25 points on 8-for-10 shooting, Dwight Howard was the top scorer from either team. Charlotte dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 20.9) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.559 (above their season average of 0.501). Minnesota was 19.6 and 0.444, respectively, for those same stats.
Washington could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Charlotte ranks first in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.2 percent), while Washington forces the 11th-most turnovers (15.4 percent).
Of Washingtons 17 games, 12 have finished under the projected point total, while 8 of Charlottes 16 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wizards have a substantial advantage. They are 10-7 SU and 9-8 ATS, while the Hornets are 7-9 SU and 7-8-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Wizards won three out of four contests last season. In the most recent game, Washington won 118-111. The Wizards turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Hornets. Washington had a rate of 11.4, while Charlotte posted a mark of 15.3.
Washington Wizards at Charlotte Hornets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (28.3) while the Hornets rank 25th (31.8).
- Charlotte averages 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Washington ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Washington ranks 16th in assists per game (22.1) while Charlotte ranks 27th (19.8).
- Charlotte averages 12.5 second chance points per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. Washington ranks 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Charlotte is 6-2 ATS at home, while Washington is 6-2 ATS on the road.
- The Wizards have 7 unders and 1 over in 8 road games.
- The Hornets have 4 overs and 4 unders in 8 home games.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Charlotte is 4-1 and Washington is 7-1.
- When reaching the century mark, the Hornets are 7-4 and the Wizards are 9-3.
- The Hornets rank fifth in rebounds per game (47.4) while the Wizards rank 15th (43.6).
- Washington ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (18.5) while Charlotte ranks 29th (14.4).
- The Hornets rank third in fast break points allowed per game (7.6) while the Wizards rank 21st (11.7).
- The Hornets rank 17th in points in the paint per game (42.6) while the Wizards rank 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.9).
- Washington ranks 15th in steals per game (7.8) while Charlotte ranks 26th (5.7).
- Charlotte is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Hornets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 98.0 points per game (9.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 92.8 points per game (10.1 below their season average).