The Washington Wizards (12-10) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Utah when they travel to Vivint Smart Home Arena to meet the Jazz (12-11). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017.
Washington Wizards at Utah Jazz Free Preview
The Wizards dismantled the Detroit Pistons in their last matchup, 109-91. Markieff Morris was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Washington dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 21.9) and a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 12.5). For those same stats, Detroit recorded marks of 10.8 and 14.7, respectively.
In the Jazz’s last matchup, they beat the New Orleans Pelicans, 114-108. Utah was lifted by Donovan Mitchell, who was the games leading scorer with 41 points on 13-for-25 shooting. Utah played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.212 (above their season average of 0.193) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.2 (below their season average of 20.2). New Orleans had marks of 0.103 and 13.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Ball security could play an integral role in this battle. Washington commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the league (turnover percentage of 13.6 percent), while the disruptive defense of Utah forces the second-most (opponents turnover percentage of 17.2 percent).
Of Washington’s 22 games, 14 have finished under the projected point total, while 11 of Utah’s 23 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Wizards are 12-10 SU and 12-10 ATS, while the Jazz are 12-11 SU and 13-10 ATS.
Derrick Favors has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Utah, averaging 16.8 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Jazz won both matchups last season. In the most recent matchup, Utah won 95-88. The Jazz dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.264 and a turnover percentage of 10.5. For those same stats, the Wizards had marks of 0.149 and 13.0, respectively.
Washington Wizards vs. Utah Jazz ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank seventh in blocks per game (5.4) while the Wizards rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Utah ranks second in points off turnovers per game (20.2) while Washington ranks ninth (18.5).
- Washington ranks 15th in fast break points per game (10.3) while Utah ranks 26th (8.1).
- Utah is 10-4 ATS at home, while Washington is 8-3 ATS on the road.
- The Wizards have 8 unders and 3 overs in 11 road games.
- Of the Jazz’s 14 home games, they have 8 unders and 6 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Washington is 9-1 and Utah is 7-2.
- When reaching 100 points, the Jazz are 10-4 and the Wizards are 10-6.
- The Wizards rank 15th in rebounds per game (43.1) while the Jazz rank 26th (40.3).
- Utah ranks eighth in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while Washington ranks 26th (14.0).
- The Jazz rank second in steals per game (9.7) while the Wizards rank 19th (7.8).
- The Jazz rank second in assists allowed per game (18.8) while the Wizards rank eighth (21.3).
- Utah ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.0) while Washington ranks 18th (45.3).
- Utah is 5-0 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.4, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.0 points per game (3.2 above their season average).