The Philadelphia 76ers (25-25) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Washington when they welcome the Wizards (31-22) to Wells Fargo Center. Philadelphia opened as a 5.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 213.5 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018, and it can be seen on TNT.
Washington Wizards at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Preview
In the Wizards last contest, they defeated the Indiana Pacers, 111-102. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Washington’s Markieff Morris had a solid outing. Washington dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.6 (below their season average of 23.0) and a turnover percentage of 12.7 (worse than their season average of 12.5). Indiana put up marks of 18.2 and 14.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The 76ers are hoping for a better outcome after their 100-92 loss to the Indiana Pacers in their last outing. Joel Embiid was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-19 shooting. Indiana did a great job of making free throws (21-25; 84.0 percent). Philadelphia, on the other hand, held the Pacers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.0 (below their season average of 21.4).
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Philadelphia in this matchup. The 76ers rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 percent), while Washington ranks 25th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
Of Washington’s 52 games that accepted bets, 28 have finished under the projected point total, while 26 of Philadelphia’s 50 games have finished over the O/U total. The Wizards have the better straight up (SU) record (31-22 vs. 25-25), but the 76ers hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (27-23 vs. 24-28).
Otto Porter Jr. has been playing at a high level as of late for Washington, averaging 18.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.8 steals over the last five games.
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. Ben Simmons scored a game-high 31 points in the most recent contest, in which the 76ers topped the Wizards 118-113 but could not cover as 7-point favorites. He also recorded 18 rebounds. The two teams combined to score 231 points, which was 20 points above the projected point total of 211 points. The 76ers played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 and a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.506. For those same stats, the Wizards put up marks of 14.0 and 0.360, respectively.
Washington Wizards at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (46.8) while the Wizards rank 18th (42.8).
- Philadelphia averages 25.4 assists per game, which ranks third in the league. Washington ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (21.7).
- Washington ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while Philadelphia ranks 28th (5.4).
- Washington is 14-12 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 14-8 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 17 of the Wizards 26 road games, while 12 of the 76ers 22 home games have gone under.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Philadelphia is 10-0 and Washington is 15-2.
- The Wizards are 28-11 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 22-16.
- The 76ers rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while the Wizards rank 17th (44.8).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.6) while Washington ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- The Wizards average 17.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The 76ers rank 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.3).
- Washington ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (7.4) while Philadelphia ranks 29th (9.0).
- Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers have been outscored by an average of 6.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Philadelphia has defeated opponents by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 115.8 points per game (8.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average).