The Philadelphia 76ers (11-8) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they square off with the Washington Wizards (11-9). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Washington Wizards vs. Philadelphia 76ers Free Preview
The Wizards won a close one over the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last outing, 92-89. Otto Porter was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Washington dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 7.2 (better than their season average of 13.0) and a free throw rate of 0.120 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Minnesota was 9.9 and 0.106, respectively.
In the 76ers last matchup, they were topped by the Cleveland Cavaliers, 113-91. Joel Embiid was the games high scorer with 30 points on 11-for-24 shooting. Cleveland was lights out from beyond the arc (15-37; 40.5 percent). Philadelphia, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6 (above their season average of 24.1).
Expect Philadelphia to dominate the offensive glass in this battle. The 76ers are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking fourth in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.1 percent. Meanwhile, Washington ranks 24th in the NBA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.3 percent. ,
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Washington games have finished under 63.2 percent of the time, while 57.9 percent of games including Philadelphia have finished over. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (11-9 for Washington; 11-8 for Philadelphia), but the 76ers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 14-5 ATS, while the Wizards are 9-10.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 235 points, well over the projected point total of 217.5. The Wizards won 120-115, but were unable to cover as 7-point favorites. The Wizards dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.309 and an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 7.3. For those same stats, the 76ers were 0.151 and 14.4, respectively. In the loss, Ben Simmons recorded a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
Washington Wizards at Philadelphia 76ers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (25.8) while the Wizards rank 18th (22.1).
- Washington averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 19th in the league. Philadelphia ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Philadelphia ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (47.2) while Washington ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.2).
- Washington is 6-3 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 7-2 ATS at home.
- The Wizards have 7 unders and 2 overs in 9 road games.
- In 9 home games, the 76ers have 5 unders and 4 overs.
- Philadelphia is 4-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Washington is 8-1.
- When reaching the century mark, the Wizards are 9-5 and the 76ers are 10-5.
- The Wizards rank eighth in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while the 76ers rank 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.8).
- Washington ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Philadelphia ranks 23rd (8.6).
- The 76ers rank fourth in second chance points per game (14.3) while the Wizards rank 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- The Wizards rank 21st in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while the 76ers rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (31.5).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (49.1) while Washington ranks 17th (43.3).
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games. ,
- Over their last five games, Washington is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 102.2 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.8 points per game (0.9 below their season average).