Southeast Division foes will battle when the Orlando Magic (15-35) take on the Washington Wizards (29-22) at Amway Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Washington Wizards at Orlando Magic Free Preview
In the Wizards last game, they barely escaped the Toronto Raptors, 122-119. Bradley Beal led Washington in scoring with 27 points on 9-for-20 shooting. Washington dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 22.7) and a free throw rate of 0.282 (above their season average of 0.205). For those same stats, Toronto was 20.0 and 0.229, respectively.
The Magic hope to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the Los Angeles Lakers in their last matchup, 127-105. Orlando received a boost from Elfrid Payton, who put up 15 points, seven rebounds and six assists. The Magic had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.654 (above their season average of 0.518) and had a better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 14.3).
Of Washington’s 51 games, 27 have finished under the O/U total, while 27 of Orlando’s 50 games have finished under the projected point total. The Wizards have the better straight up (SU) record (29-22 vs. 15-35), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Washington is 23-28 ATS, while Orlando is 22-27-1 ATS.
These two teams have already met twice this year, with the Wizards winning both. Bismack Biyombo had 21 points and 13 rebounds in the most recent matchup, in which the Magic lost 125-119 but covered as 10.5-point underdogs. The two teams combined to score 244 points, which was 26 points above the projected point total of 218 points. The Wizards dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.6 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. The Magic put up marks of 13.8 and 30.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Washington Wizards vs. Orlando Magic Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 11th in second chance points per game (12.8) while the Magic rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.4).
- Washington ranks 14th in steals per game (7.9) while Orlando ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Washington averages 42.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the NBA. Orlando ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6).
- Orlando averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Washington ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Washington is 13-12 ATS on the road with 16 unders and 9 overs.
- At home, Orlando is 8-14 ATS with 13 unders and 9 overs.
- Washington is 14-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Orlando is 7-3.
- The Wizards are 26-11 when they reach the century mark, while the Magic are 15-19.
- The Wizards average 11.5 fast break points per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Magic rank 20th in fast break points allowed per game (12.2).
- Washington averages 23.7 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Orlando ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (24.1).
- The Wizards rank seventh in points off turnovers per game (17.7) while the Magic rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- The Magic rank 15th in three pointers attempted per game (29.2) while the Wizards rank 19th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Washington ranks 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.8) while Orlando ranks last (50.0).
- Orlando is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Magic have outscored opponents by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Orlando has been defeated by an average of 4.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 108.0 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (2.0 above their season average).