The Washington Wizards (38-28) can prolong a five-game road winning streak when they take on the Miami Heat (35-31) at AmericanAirlines Arena. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 10, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Washington Wizards at Miami Heat Betting Preview
In the Wizards last game, they dismantled the New Orleans Pelicans, 116-97. Otto Porter Jr. led Washington in scoring with 19 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Washington played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.7 (below their season average of 23.5) and a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 12.7). New Orleans was 4.9 and 14.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Heat come in on a high note after topping the Philadelphia 76ers in their last game, 108-99. Miami received a boost from Hassan Whiteside, who was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 9-for-12 shooting. The Heat forced 18 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.551 (above their season average of 0.519).
Of Washington’s 65 games that accepted bets, 35 have finished under the O/U total, while 35 of Miami’s 66 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (38-28 for Washington; 35-31 for Miami), but the Heat have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Miami is 34-29-3 ATS, while the Wizards are 30-33-2.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Wizards, it’s been Porter Jr. who has averaged 19.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.2 steals, while the Heat have gotten solid contributions from Justise Winslow (11.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.8 steals).
These two teams have met three times already this season, with the Wizards leading the series two games to one. Bradley Beal scored a game-high 30 points in the most recent game, in which the Wizards beat the Heat 117-113, resulting in a push. He also recorded seven assists and six rebounds. The two teams combined for 230 points, which was 25 points above the projected point total of 205 points. Washington did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (23-27; 85.2 percent). Miami, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 16.4).
Washington Wizards vs. Miami Heat Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 14th in fast break points per game (11.6) while the Heat rank 27th (8.1).
- Miami ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.3) while Washington ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Washington is 19-13 ATS on the road with 20 unders and 12 overs.
- At home, Miami is 12-18-2 ATS with 17 unders, 14 overs and 1 push.
- Miami is 21-6 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Washington is 18-3.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Wizards are 35-15 and the Heat are 25-15.
- The Wizards rank 10th in points off turnovers per game (17.3) while the Heat rank 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.1).
- Miami ranks 10th in second chance points allowed per game (11.8) while Washington ranks 27th (13.3).
- The Wizards rank fourth in assists per game (24.8) while the Heat rank 20th (22.2).
- Miami ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (25.9) while Washington ranks 16th (29.4).
- Miami is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 1-2-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Heat have outscored opponents by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Miami has lost by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 104.8 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average).