The Indiana Pacers (30-24) can prolong a six-game home winning streak when they take on the Washington Wizards (30-22) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 212.5 points with Indiana opening as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Washington Wizards at Indiana Pacers Free Preview
The Wizards defeated the Orlando Magic in their last matchup, 115-98. With 18 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, Washington’s Bradley Beal played well. Washington played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.1 (worse than their season average of 12.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (above their season average of 22.8). Orlando put up marks of 18.7 and 27.8, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Pacers last game, they defeated the Philadelphia 76ers, 100-92. Indiana was led by Victor Oladipo, who contributed 19 points and nine rebounds. Indiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.266 (above their season average of 0.174) and a turnover percentage of 12.6 (worse than their season average of 11.9). Philadelphia had marks of 0.184 and 15.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Of Washington’s 52 games, 28 have finished under the projected point total, while 30 of Indiana’s 54 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (30-22 for Washington; 30-24 for Indiana), but the Pacers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 29-25 ATS, while the Wizards are 24-28.
Beal and Otto Porter Jr. have played at a high level over the last five games for Washington. Beal has averaged 25.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 1.8 steals per game, while Porter Jr. has put up 14.8 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Wizards won three out of four meetings played against each other last season. In the last contest, Washington won 111-98. The Wizards played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.608. For those same stats, the Pacers were 13.9 and 0.525, respectively.
Washington Wizards at Indiana Pacers Odds Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while the Wizards rank 14th (16.1).
- Washington ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (29.6) while Indiana ranks 25th (30.9).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.1) while Washington ranks 13th (11.5).
- Washington is 14-12 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 16-13 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 17 of the Pacers 29 home games, while 17 of the Wizards 26 road games have gone under.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Indiana is 17-2 and Washington is 15-2.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Wizards are 27-11 and the Pacers are 26-11.
- The Pacers rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Wizards rank 11th (7.5).
- Indiana ranks 12th in points in the paint per game (44.7) while Washington ranks 25th (42.0).
- The Wizards average 23.9 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Pacers rank 18th in assists allowed per game (23.1).
- Indiana ranks 19th in second chance points per game (11.5) while Washington ranks last in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- Indiana is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 116.0 points per game (8.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (2.1 above their season average).