The Brooklyn Nets (10-15) will be at home in Barclays Center when they challenge the Washington Wizards (14-12). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212 points with Washington opening as a 3-point favorite. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Washington Wizards at Brooklyn Nets ATS Preview
In the Wizards last game, they lost a tough one against the Los Angeles Clippers, 113-112. With 27 points on 10-for-16 shooting, Otto Porter Jr. led Washington in scoring. Los Angeles did an excellent job of making free throws (21-24; 87.5 percent). Washington, meanwhile, held the Clippers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 25.1).
The Nets are hoping for a better outcome after their 101-89 loss to the Miami Heat in their last outing. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson led Brooklyn in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Miami had a turnover percentage of 4.9 (better than their season average of 14.8). Brooklyn, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (16-19; 84.2 percent).
It will be a showdown of conflicting tempos as the fast-paced Nets will look to push the more half-court-oriented Wizards. The Nets currently rank third in possessions per game while the Wizards are 16th. Furthermore, the Wizards rank fourth in turnover percentage (13.4 percent), while the Nets rank 26th in opponents turnover percentage (13.2 percent).
Of Washington’s 26 games, 17 have finished under the projected point total, while 13 of Brooklyn’s 25 games have finished over the O/U total. The Wizards hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (14-12 vs. 10-15), but the Nets have the better against the spread (ATS) record (16-9 vs. 14-12).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Wizards won all four games last season. In the last contest, Washington won 129-108. The Wizards played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 and a solid turnover percentage of 8.6. For those same stats, the Nets were 14.6 and 13.0, respectively.
Washington Wizards vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank seventh in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while the Nets rank 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- Brooklyn ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (45.0) while Washington ranks 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.5).
- Washington ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (6.9) while Brooklyn ranks 14th (8.0).
- Washington is 10-5 ATS on the road with 11 unders and 4 overs.
- Brooklyn is 6-4 ATS at home with 7 overs and 3 unders.
- Washington is 11-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Brooklyn is 5-0.
- The Nets are 8-13 when they score over 100 points, while the Wizards are 12-7.
- The Wizards rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.0) while the Nets rank 27th (5.6).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (33.8) while Washington ranks 22nd (25.7).
- The Nets rank 11th in second chance points per game (12.6) while the Wizards rank 28th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Washington ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.5) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (46.8).
- Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Brooklyn has been defeated by an average of 2.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 101.0 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.2 points per game (1.8 below their season average).