The Brooklyn Nets (11-19) will be at home in Barclays Center when they go head-to-head with the Washington Wizards (17-14). Washington opened as a 5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 211.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Washington Wizards at Brooklyn Nets Odds Preview
The Wizards were victorious over the New Orleans Pelicans in their last contest, 116-106. Bradley Beal led Washington in scoring with 26 points on 9-for-19 shooting. The Wizards had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.510) and had a better turnover percentage (14.0 vs. 14.1).
The last time the Nets played, they were beaten by the Sacramento Kings, 104-99. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson played well for Brooklyn. Sacramento had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 21.2). Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.7 vs. 11.7).
Brooklyn might have trouble putting up points as they go head-to-head against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Washington ranks ninth in defensive efficiency, while the Nets rank 20th in offensive efficiency.
Of Washington’s 31 games, 21 have finished under the projected point total, while 16 of Brooklyn’s 30 games have finished under the O/U total. The Wizards hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (17-14 vs. 11-19), but the Nets have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (17-13 vs. 15-16).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 201 points, which was under the projected point total of 214. The Nets won 103-98, covering as 3-point underdogs. Brooklyn did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (25-33; 75.8 percent). Washington, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.7 vs. 12.4). Hollis-Jefferson put up a double-double in the victory with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
Washington Wizards at Brooklyn Nets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards average 18.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Nets rank 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- Washington ranks 21st in points in the paint per game (41.7) while Brooklyn ranks 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.0).
- Washington ranks 15th in blocks allowed per game (4.8) while Brooklyn ranks 25th (5.4).
- Washington is 10-6 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 7-7 ATS at home.
- Of the Wizards 16 road games, they have 12 unders and 4 overs.
- The Nets have 8 overs and 6 unders in 14 home games.
- Washington is 13-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Brooklyn is 6-0.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Wizards are 14-7 and the Nets are 9-14.
- The Nets rank 14th in second chance points per game (12.1) while the Wizards rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (34.2) while Washington ranks 20th (26.2).
- The Nets average 44.7 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Wizards rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (44.0).
- Washington ranks 14th in steals per game (7.9) while Brooklyn ranks 26th (6.8).
- Brooklyn is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 3.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 101.2 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.6 points per game (4.5 below their season average).