The Orlando Magic (4-7) welcome the Washington Wizards (2-8) to Amway Center. The Wizards are 3-point favorites and look to put an end to a five-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219 points and it will air on Fox SportsNet Florida at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 9, 2018.
Washington Wizards vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Wizards (2-point favorites) were defeated by the Dallas Mavericks, 119-100, while the Magic (2.5-point underdogs) fell to the Detroit Pistons, 103-96. The Washington game went 9 points under the projected point total of 228, while the Orlando game went 14 points under the projected point total of 213.
Washington had a much better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 15.3) while Orlando held Detroit to an effective field goal percentage of 0.472 (below the 0.535 mark opponents have averaged against Orlando this season). Orlando’s Aaron Gordon had a solid performance, putting up 15 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. John Wall, meanwhile fueled Washington with 24 points and 10 assists.
The Wizards edged out the Magic in this series last year, securing victories in three out of four contests. In the last game, Orlando won 101-92. Orlando did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (22-27; 81.5 percent). Washington, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 15.8). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Of the Wizards’ 10 games, six have finished over the projected point total. Washington heads into the game with records of 2-8 straight up (SU) and 2-8 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Washington, games including the Magic have typically finished under the projected point total (72.7 percent). Additionally, Orlando is 4-7 SU and 4-7 ATS.
Contrasting paces will be on display in this meeting. Washington has preferred a fast-paced style of play (seventh in possessions per game), while Orlando has been more half-court-oriented (25th in possessions per game).
Washington Wizards vs. Orlando Magic ATS Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Wizards average 33.9 three pointers per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Magic rank 15th in three pointers allowed per game (31.3).
- Washington ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (20.3) while Orlando ranks 25th (15.1).
- The Magic rank ninth in fast break points allowed per game (12.3) while the Wizards rank 27th (18.0).
- Orlando ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.6) while Washington ranks 15th (7.6).
- Washington ranks second in blocks per game (7.0) while Orlando ranks ninth (5.9).
- The Magic rank seventh in second chance points per game (15.2) while the Wizards rank 26th (10.7).
- The Magic rank 19th in rebounds per game (44.1) while the Wizards rank 28th (39.8).
- Orlando ranks ninth in assists per game (24.9) while Washington ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (27.1).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Orlando and Washington are both 1-0.
- The Magic are 3-2 when they score more than 100 points, while the Wizards are 2-7.
- Washington is 1-5 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 1-6 ATS at home.
- Of the Wizards’ 6 road games, they have 3 overs and 3 unders.
- The Magic have 6 unders and 1 over in 7 home games.
- In their last five games, Washington and Orlando are both 1-4 ATS.
- The Wizards have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Magic have 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 103.6 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 118.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average).
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 8.5 for the season.