The Washington Wizards (2-9) head to AmericanAirlines Arena to clash with the Miami Heat (5-6). The Wizards will try to put an end to a six-game road losing streak. The game will air on Fox Sports – Seattle at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Washington Wizards vs. Miami Heat Betting Odds
Both teams lost as favorites in their last matchup. The Wizards (2-point favorites) were defeated by the Orlando Magic, 117-108, while the Heat (1-point favorites) fell to the Indiana Pacers, 110-102. The Washington game finished 3 points under the projected point total of 228, while the Miami game went 4.5 points under the projected point total of 216.5.
Washington was lights out from beyond the arc (11-27; 40.7 percent) while Miami held Indiana to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below the 22.6 mark opponents have averaged against Miami this season). Miami was lifted by Hassan Whiteside, who recorded 11 points and 20 rebounds. John Wall had a good game for Washington, recording 19 points, 12 assists and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Josh Richardson led the Heat to a 113-112 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 28 points. Miami covered as a 6-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 225 points, which was over the projected point total of 215. Miami’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Heat had more offensive rebounds (22 vs. seven) and total rebounds (55 vs. 40).
Vegas tends to place the total low when the Wizards are involved, as 60.0 percent of their games have gone over the total. Washington comes into the contest with records of 2-9 straight up (SU) and 2-8 against the spread (ATS).
Heat games also have typically finished over the total (70.0 percent). Moreover, Miami is 5-6 SU and 5-5 ATS.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Miami in this matchup. The Heat currently rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), while Washington ranks 29th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.1 percent).
Washington Wizards at Miami Heat Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Over
- The Wizards average 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The Heat rank 11th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Miami averages 48.9 rebounds per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Washington ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (50.3).
- The Heat rank ninth in assists allowed per game (22.7) while the Wizards rank last (27.0).
- Washington ranks fifth in points off turnovers (20.1 per game) while Miami ranks 24th in points off turnovers allowed (19.8 per game).
- Miami ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (33.4) while Washington ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (32.2).
- The Heat rank third in second chance points per game (15.9) while the Wizards rank 26th (10.6).
- The Wizards rank fifth in fast break points per game (18.1) while the Heat rank 24th (11.3).
- Washington averages 6.6 blocks per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Miami ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (7.1).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Miami is 2-0 and Washington is 1-0.
- The Wizards are 2-8 when they reach 100 points, while the Heat are 4-6.
- Washington is 1-5 ATS on the road, while Miami is 3-2 ATS at home.
- The Wizards have 3 overs and 3 unders in 6 road games.
- The Heat have 3 overs and 2 unders in 5 home games.
- The Heat are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Miami has 4 overs and 1 under, while Washington has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Heat have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Miami has defeated opponents by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 104.4 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.4 points per game (5.8 below their season average).