Southeast Division foes will collide when the Miami Heat (6-7) take on the Washington Wizards (8-5) at AmericanAirlines Arena. Miami is a 1.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 210.5 points. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Washington Wizards vs. Miami Heat Betting Preview
The Wizards easily got past the Sacramento Kings in their last game, 110-92. John Wall was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 8-for-9 shooting. The Wizards, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.6, had a superb mark of 29.4 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.582 (above their season average of 0.526).
In the Heat’s last game, they were blown out by the Detroit Pistons, 112-103. Hassan Whiteside led Miami in scoring with 20 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Detroit held the Heat to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.0 (below their season average of 19.2). Miami, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 15.4).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Miami. Miami ranks 25th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while the gambling defense of Washington forces the sixth-most turnovers in the league (16.1 percent).
Of Washingtons 13 games, eight have finished under the O/U total, while 6 of Miamis 13 games have finished over the O/U total. The Wizards come into this game with a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-5 SU and 7-6 ATS, while the Heat are 6-7 SU and 4-7-2 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Heat won all four meetings last season. In the last contest, Miami won 110-102. Miami had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 vs. 17.8). Washington, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.7 vs. 15.4).
Washington Wizards at Miami Heat Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Heat rank first in three pointers allowed per game (24.0) while the Wizards rank 12th (27.3).
- Miami ranks 13th in points in the paint per game (44.5) while Washington ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.7).
- Miami ranks second in assists allowed per game (18.2) while Washington ranks 13th (21.9).
- Washington is 4-1 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 1 over.
- At home, Miami is 0-4-2 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Miami is 3-3 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Washington is 5-0.
- The Wizards are 8-3 when they reach 100 points, while the Heat are 4-4.
- The Wizards average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Heat rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Washington averages 13.2 second chance points per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Miami ranks 28th in second chance points allowed per game (14.5).
- The Wizards average 20.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Heat rank 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.5).
- The Wizards rank 16th in rebounds per game (43.5) while the Heat rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (45.1).
- Washington ranks eighth in steals per game (8.6) while Miami ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- Miami is 3-2 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Heats average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 108.0 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.0 points per game (7.9 below their season average).