The Washington Wizards (21-37) and the Golden State Warriors (13-47) square off at Chase Center. The Warriors can put an end to an eight-game home losing streak. Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Washington Wizards at Golden State Warriors ATS Odds
In the Warriors’ last game, they defeated the Phoenix Suns, 115-99, covering as 11-point favorites. The Wizards, on the other hand, were topped by the Utah Jazz, 129-119, and failed to cover as 10-point underdogs. The Golden State game went 5 points under the projected point total of 219, while the Washington game went 16 points over the projected point total of 232.
Golden State played a perfect contest. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.0 (better than their season average of 12.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 21.3). For those same stats, Phoenix was 16.9 and 18.2, respectively. Washington, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 12.8). Golden State rallied around Damion Lee, who finished with 20 points, eight assists and five rebounds. Bradley Beal was a key piece for Washington with 42 points, 10 assists and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Alec Burks led the Warriors to a 125-117 victory. He produced 30 points. The two teams combined for 242 points, which was over the projected point total of 234.5, and Golden State covered as a 7-point underdog. Golden State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 vs. 5.9). Washington, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 12.2).
Games involving the Wizards have typically finished over the total (58.6 percent). Washington heads into the contest with records of 21-37 straight up (SU) and 30-27-1 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Washington, Warriors games tend to finish under the projected point total (55.9 percent). Moreover, Golden State owns records of 13-47 SU and 26-32-1 ATS.
The Wizards’ Beal has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 39 points,3.2 assists,2.0 steals per game. Meanwhile, Lee has averaged 15 points,3.6 assists,1.4 steals during that same time frame for the Warriors.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Golden State offense. Golden State ranks 20th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Washington forces the fourth-most turnovers in the NBA (14.6 percent).
Washington Wizards at Golden State Warriors Betting Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank 25th in rebounds per game (42.9) while the Wizards rank 27th (42.3).
- Washington ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Golden State ranks 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.0).
- The Wizards average 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Warriors rank 26th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Washington ranks 18th in points in the paint per game (47.2) while Golden State ranks 28th (43.4).
- Washington ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (32.8) while Golden State ranks 25th (30.8).
- The Wizards rank seventh in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Warriors rank 27th (12.0).
- The Wizards rank 15th in fast break points per game (13.0) while the Warriors rank 24th in fast break points allowed per game (14.8).
- Washington averages 25.4 assists per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Golden State ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (26.1).
- Golden State is 6-2 when they allow below 100 points, while Washington is 4-0.
- The Warriors are 13-30 when they reach 100 points, while the Wizards are 19-35.
- Golden State is 11-18-1 ATS at home, while Washington is 14-14-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 18 of the Warriors’ 30 home games, while 19 of the Wizards’ 29 road games have gone over.
- The Wizards are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Warriors are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Washington has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Golden State has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 117.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 122.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average).
- The Warriors’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 9.0 for the season.