The San Diego State Aztecs (5-1) and the Washington State Cougars (5-0) square off in the Wooden Legacy at Titan Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 a.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Washington State Cougars vs. San Diego State Aztecs Betting Preview
In the Cougars last contest, they were victorious over the No. 21 Saint Mary’s Gaels, 84-79. Malachi Flynn was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 9-for-14 shooting. The Cougars made 11 of their 14 free throws (78.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.652 (above their season average of 0.548).
The Aztecs hope to maintain momentum after topping the Georgia Bulldogs in their last matchup, 75-68. San Diego State received a boost from Trey Kell, who contributed 13 points, nine rebounds and five assists. San Diego State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 5.6 (better than their season average of 15.6) and a free throw rate of 0.301 (above their season average of 0.256). Georgia had marks of 14.5 and 0.190, respectively, for those same stats.
Washington State could struggle to create turnovers. Since the 2016-17 season, San Diego State ranks 75th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.3 percent), while Washington State has forced the fifth-fewest turnovers (15.2 percent).
Washington State Cougars vs. San Diego State Aztecs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Aztecs rank 43rd in blocks per game (4.7) while the Cougars rank 219th (2.7).
- San Diego State averages 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 115th in the NCAA. Washington State ranks 272nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- San Diego State ranks 86th in rebounds per game (37.4) while Washington State ranks 292nd (32.8).
- The Aztecs rank 38th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Cougars rank 237th (14.4).
- San Diego State ranks 93rd in steals per game (6.8) while Washington State ranks 284th (4.4).