The Washington State Cougars (9-14, 1-10 Pac-12), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they travel to Matthew Knight Arena to square off against the Oregon Ducks (16-8, 6-5 Pac-12). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149.5 points with Oregon set as a 15-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Washington State Cougars at Oregon Ducks Betting Preview
In the Cougars last game, they were blown out by the Oregon State Beavers, 94-62. With 17 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Robert Franks led Washington State in scoring. Oregon State made good use of their 25 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 21 of them (84.0 percent). Washington State, meanwhile, was 10-12 (83.3 percent).
The Ducks hope to keep it rolling after dismantling the Washington Huskies in their last matchup, 65-40. Oregon was lifted by Troy Brown, who was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Oregon played a perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.542) and a turnover percentage of 15.2 (better than their season average of 15.9). Washington was 0.306 and 21.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The high-powered offense of Oregon will square off against the mid-tier defense of Washington State. The Ducks rank 66th in offensive efficiency, while the Cougars are 312th in defensive efficiency. The Ducks should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of Washington State’s 22 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished over the O/U total, while 12 of Oregon’s 22 games have finished under the projected point total. The Ducks come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 16-8 SU and 11-12 ATS, while the Cougars are 9-14 SU and 9-13 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Ducks won the lone contest played against each other last season, 85-66. The Ducks played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 and a fantastically low turnover percentage of 8.4. For those same stats, the Cougars had marks of 3.8 and 17.7, respectively.
Washington State Cougars vs. Oregon Ducks Odds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Oregon, ATS Winner – Washington State, O/U – Over
- The Ducks average 35.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 149th in the NCAA. The Cougars rank 212th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Oregon ranks 103rd in steals per game (6.5) while Washington State ranks 122nd in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Oregon is 7-7 ATS at home, while Washington State is 4-8 ATS on the road.
- Of the Cougars 12 road games, they have 8 overs and 4 unders.
- The Ducks have 7 unders and 6 overs in 14 home games.
- Oregon averages 24.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. Washington State ranks 246th in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Ducks rank 22nd in blocks per game (5.0) while the Cougars rank 193rd (2.3).
- Oregon ranks 59th in assists per game (15.6) while Washington State ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Oregon is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington State is 0-5 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Ducks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 88.8 points per game (11.1 above their season average).