In the 2018 season opener, the Washington Redskins are set to face off against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. Kickoff for this game is scheduled for 4:25 p.m. ET and FOX will broadcast the action.
Betting Preview: Arizona Cardinals vs. Washington Redskins
It appears that there will probably be some good live betting possibilities for this game, and Vegas has placed the over/under (O/U) at 44 points.
The Redskins were 7-9 straight-up (SU) last season while the Cards fared a bit better with an 8-8 SU record in 2017. Against conference foes, the Redskins went 5-7 SU and the Cardinals were 5-7 SU when playing National Football Conference franchises. The Redskins were 2-2 SU against teams from outside the conference while the Cardinals were 3-1 SU against non-conference competition.
Against National Football Conference foes, the Redskins scored an average of 21.3 points and gave up an average of 25.7 points. Their offense put up 254.8 pass yards per game and 89.1 rush yards per game.
The Cardinals offense recorded 18.3 points per game (versus NFC teams) by averaging 247.6 pass yards and 84.3 rush yards. The Cardinals defense gave up 18.8 PPG to non-conference foes and 23.8 PPG to teams in conference…
When these two franchises met last year, Washington emerged victorious by a final score of 20-15.
Washington Redskins at Arizona Cardinals Free Betting Pick
SU Winner: Redskins, ATS Winner: Redskins, O/U: Over
Team Betting Notes
- The Redskins offensive line allowed 41 sacks last season. Their defense created 42 sacks.
- Arizona quarterbacks were sacked 52 times last year. Their defense sacked opposing QBs 37 times,
- The Redskins created 10 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Cardinals put up six rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Redskins put up 3.6 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.5 to opponents.
- The Cardinals registered 3.4 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 3.5 to opponents.
- The Redskins produced 27 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Cardinals threw for 21 passing touchdowns last season.