The Utah Runnin’ Utes (10-7, 1-4 Pac-12) and their sensational offense host the Washington Huskies (12-7, 2-4 Pac-12) and their tremendous defense. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020, and can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Washington Huskies at Utah Runnin’ Utes Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Runnin’ Utes lost big to the Arizona State Sun Devils, 83-64, while the Huskies lost a tough one against the eighth-ranked Oregon Ducks, 64-61.
Washington had a free throw rate of 0.351 (above their season average of 0.281) while Utah had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 28.7). Timmy Allen was a key piece for Utah with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Isaiah Stewart had a solid performance for Washington, contributing 25 points, 19 rebounds and five blocks.
The Huskies dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Washington won 62-45. The Huskies’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Runnin’ Utes. Washington had a rate of 12.5, while Utah posted a mark of 24.0. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This showdown pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Utah ranks 51st in offensive efficiency and Washington is 32nd in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Huskies are among the country’s elite at getting to the line, ranking 21st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.285). The Runnin’ Utes, however, rank seventh in opponents’ FTA rate (0.146).
Washington Huskies vs. Utah Runnin’ Utes Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Under
- Washington ranks 85th in steals per game (7.2) while Utah ranks 227th (4.5).
- The Runnin’ Utes rank 136th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while the Huskies rank 189th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- Utah averages 37.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 84th in the nation. Washington ranks 131st in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- The Huskies rank fourth in blocks per game (6.7) while the Runnin’ Utes rank 146th (2.7).
- Utah averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. Washington ranks 151st in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Utes have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.0 points per game (8.2 above their season average).