Pac-12 foes will clash when the Oregon State Beavers (12-11, 4-7 Pac-12) go head-to-head with the Washington Huskies (17-7, 7-4 Pac-12) at Gill Coliseum. Oregon State is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 138.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Washington Huskies at Oregon State Beavers Odds Preview
In the Huskies last matchup, they got blown out by the Oregon Ducks, 65-40. With 14 points on 5-for-9 shooting, Noah Dickerson led Washington in scoring. Oregon’s 0.500 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Washington, who had a rate of 0.306. The Ducks mark was below their season average of 0.542, while the Huskies was below their season average of 0.523.
The Beavers hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Washington State Cougars in their last outing, 94-62. Oregon State rallied around Drew Eubanks, who recorded 18 points and 10 rebounds. Oregon State dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.362 (above their season average of 0.293) and a turnover percentage of 14.8 (better than their season average of 17.4). Washington State was 0.172 and 22.1, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be an error-filled game for the Oregon State offense. Oregon State ranks 265th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.1 percent), while the gambling defense of Washington forces the 51st-most turnovers in the nation (21.7 percent).
Of Washington’s 22 games that accepted bets, 14 have finished under the O/U total, while 12 of Oregon State’s 22 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Huskies have a substantial advantage. They are 17-7 SU and 11-9-2 ATS, while the Beavers are 12-11 SU and 9-14 ATS.
Dickerson has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Washington, averaging 16.6 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Huskies won the only game played against each other last season, 87-61. The Huskies dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.5 and a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.621. The Beavers were 19.6 and 0.455, respectively, for those same stats.
Washington Huskies vs. Oregon State Beavers Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Washington, ATS Winner – Washington, O/U – Under
- The Huskies average 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 21st in the nation. The Beavers rank 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Washington ranks 238th in three pointers attempted per game (19.3) while Oregon State ranks 271st (17.7).
- Washington is 5-3-1 ATS on the road, while Oregon State is 5-8 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 7 of the Beavers 13 home games, while 6 of the Huskies 9 road games have gone under.
- Oregon State ranks 58th in assists allowed per game (11.9) while Washington ranks 242nd (15.8).
- The Beavers rank 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Huskies rank 158th (35.0).
- Washington ranks 14th in steals per game (8.3) while Oregon State ranks 136th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Oregon State is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Beavers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (6.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (6.7 below their season average).