The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (9-15, 2-10 ACC) can put an end to a six-game road losing streak when they clash with the Syracuse Orange (16-8, 5-6 ACC) at Carrier Dome. Syracuse opened as a 7.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 135 points. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Syracuse Orange Odds Preview
In the Demon Deacons’ last matchup, they fell to the No. 25 Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 87-81. Wake Forest’s Bryant Crawford put together a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Miami (FL) did a great job of making free throws (26-37; 70.3 percent). Wake Forest, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 25.0).
The Orange come in on a high note after beating the Louisville Cardinals in their last game, 78-73. Syracuse rallied around Tyus Battle, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Syracuse dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 16.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.1 (below their season average of 36.2). For those same stats, Louisville recorded marks of 14.8 and 25.8, respectively.
The aggressive Syracuse offense could be living from the charity stripe in this battle. The Orange rank 27th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.292, while Wake Forest ranks 271st in FTA rate allowed (0.266).
Both of these teams tend to finish under the projected point total. Wake Forest games have finished under 63.6 percent of the time, while 59.1 percent of games including Syracuse have finished under. The Orange hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 16-8 SU and 9-13 ATS, while the Demon Deacons are 9-15 SU and 8-14 ATS.
Doral Moore has been superb over the last five games for Wake Forest, averaging 12.6 rebounds, 12.0 points and 1.4 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 140 points, just over the projected point total of 136. The Demon Deacons won 73-67, but were unable to cover as 0-point underdogs. The Demon Deacons dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 and a turnover percentage of 15.3. The Orange were 18.8 and 17.8, respectively, for those same stats. Despite the loss, Oshae Brissett had a standout performance in the game, putting up 16 points and seven rebounds.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Syracuse Orange Free Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Under
- The Orange rank 41st in rebounds per game (38.8) while the Demon Deacons rank 134th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- Wake Forest ranks 200th in three pointers attempted per game (20.7) while Syracuse ranks 273rd (17.8).
- Wake Forest is 4-7 ATS on the road, while Syracuse is 5-8 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 10 of the Orange’s 13 home games, while 8 of the Demon Deacons’ 11 road games have gone under.
- Syracuse averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 32nd in the NCAA. Wake Forest ranks 162nd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Demon Deacons rank 162nd in assists per game (13.5) while the Orange rank 263rd (11.0).
- Syracuse ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.7) while Wake Forest ranks 102nd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Syracuse is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Wake Forest is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Orange’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Demon Deacons have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.8 points per game (7.6 above their season average).