ACC foes will collide when the Boston College Eagles (10-5, 1-2 ACC) square off against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (8-6, 1-1 ACC) at Silvio O. Conte Forum. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Boston College Eagles Free Preview
In the Demon Deacons last contest, they beat the Syracuse Orange, 73-67. Bryant Crawford led Wake Forest in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-20 shooting. Wake Forest played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 31.7) and a turnover percentage of 15.3 (better than their season average of 17.1). Syracuse was 18.8 and 17.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The Eagles are hoping for a better outcome after their 74-70 loss to the No. 25 Clemson Tigers in their last matchup. Jerome Robinson was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Clemson did an excellent job of making free throws (18-20; 90.0 percent). Boston College, on the other hand, held the Tigers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.565).
Boston College should have an advantage on the offensive glass in this showdown. The Eagles rank 77th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.6 percent), while Wake Forest ranks 247th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.5 percent). Furthermore, the Demon Deacons are among the NCAAs elite at getting to the line, ranking 30th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.296). The Eagles, meanwhile, rank 27th in opponents FTA rate (0.172).
Robinson has been exceptional over the last five games for Boston College, averaging 19.8 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Demon Deacons won all three contests last season. In the last game, Wake Forest won 92-78. Wake Forest did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (33-43; 76.7 percent). Boston College, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 16.5).
Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Boston College Eagles Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boston College, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Under
- The Eagles are 35th in the NCAA with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while the Demon Deacons are 37th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- Boston College ranks 37th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Wake Forest ranks 166th (35.3).
- The Eagles average 22.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 129th in the NCAA. The Demon Deacons rank 209th in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- Boston College ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Wake Forest ranks 83rd (6.1).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, down from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Demon Deacons have scored an average of 79.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (3.6 above their season average).